Using battery power to go off the City's power grid

I'm using a Bluetti AC200MAX 2,200 watt expandable power station to take my system off the city's power grid.  It runs off a lithium ion phosphate battery with a 4,800 watt pure sine wave inverter. My total system only takes about 450 watts so I have never heard the fan kick on - it is totally silent. The music comes from a completely black background, with a huge soundstage that sounds very natural. I know that Ric Schultz has talked about these types of setups and there is a very expensive Stromtank battery system that is marketed to audiophiles. Anyone else tried this type of setup in their audio system?

Here is a link to a review:

128x128sbayne

So can the battery option be built into an amp? Outlet power comes into the amp and is stored in batteries which are then used to drive the system. Similar to amps that play class A for the first 10 watts then A/B after that. So internal batteries are used for first say 50 watts then over that unfiltered outlet power takes over? Just wondering.

ricevs,

For an introductory battery/inverter system without the Puritan filter, how about the Giandel 5000 inverter with only ONE Amperetime 200 amp-hr battery?  You say the larger inverter is better than the smaller 2000 inverter, not only for generating more power, but also for lower distortion.  Obviously I would be limited to half the power capabilities of the larger inverter by using 1 battery instead of 2, but I first want to establish the sonic qualities of the battery + Giandel 5000 alone, which I could do at medium power and for shorter periods of time.  If I confirm what your friend has found, I could feed the inverter into my Shunyata Denali 6000 which has greatly improved my sound on its own.  Then of course, I could add the 2nd battery for full capability.  Basic cost of two 200 amp-hr batteries--$1600, plus Giandel 5000 inverter--$900, plus 40A battery charger--$250, plus OFC battery cables--$30.  Total--$2780.  Save $800 with just one battery--$1980 to get started, for the same quality sound but with half the power capability?  Still, similar power capabilities as the Stromtank 2500!

Funny you ask this @scott22. I long saw potential of going off grid, so back in 1998 I purchased N.E.W. DCA66, 60wpc class A SS amp that ran off 4 lead acid wheelchair batteries. Batteries supplied the entire 60 watts, charger, everything self contained within separate battery case and amp enclosure.

I also have Merlin VSM-MM, BAM module runs off four 9V batteries. At one point had plans and schematic to run off 12v car battery with  far greater filtering and storage capacitance within power supply.

Surprised batteries have not become more ubiquitous within audiophile circles.

sns - agreed. Vinnie Rossi has also used batteries in his products over the years. The portable lithium ion phosphate battery and inverter technology has made some significant advances in recent years and the price for quality units keeps going down. Construction workers, Campers, EV owners etc are starting to realize the potential for these. I'm sure it won't be long before more and more audiophiles start using them in their systems.