Horizontal vs Vertical biamping

Hi all. I am looking for some feedback. I am horizontally biamping 2 Rogue ST 100 amps. I am using DS 2 preamp, Aurender N10, Yggy LIM Dac, Legacy Signature SE speakers. It sounds really good. I have tried vertical biamping with this setup thinking it would sound even better. I have read that it would but in reality it does not sound as good. A bit thin and unresolving I would say. Anyone care to weigh in on why this would be? Thanks in advance. 

backdoor

I had an actively  bi amped  setup. It was really quite scary how large the sound stage was etc. The amp.on the bottom can be much bigger than the one running  the mids and tweets 

Post removed 

Bi-amping with internal XO is a waste of time in either direction.

See Active Vs. Passive Crossovers (sound-au.com)

Digital XO from the source can be stellar if you know what you are doing.

For me horizontal is the best but in order to realize the full benefits, an active crossover should be use. Vertical was only slightly better than using a single amplifier. Horizontal is a big improvement and you can use a much more powerful amplifier for the bass region. I’ve been multi-amping for over 40 years and would not do it any other way.

@backdoor 

It seems that the crowd is pushing you towards active electronic crossover 😀. They are right. Look into it, and when ready, give it a try. It’s worth the trouble. It will be an eye opener.