Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

@jhajeski Hey just curious, looking to see if any of our happy (or unhappy) Supratek owners have mated it to a solid state amp?   And if any, what’d you mate it to and how did it go?

Me too, being in fishing mode for such a combination.  No hurry..  I looked, but I cannot find any relevant (to me) specifications on the Supratek site.  Lots of words, though.

Things like RMS voltage output and output impedance are important considerations when matching pre and power amp, of whatever topology.   

I've used my Chardonnay and Cabernet with four different SS amps so far with input sensitivities from .6 volts to 2.4 volts and the adjustable gain feature has allowed me to get a noise free match with all of them.  The amps so far are the PS Audio BHK 250, the Van Alstine SET 400, the Nuforce STA-200 and the Kinki Studio EX-M7.  If you need "specs" then contact Mick and ask him.  

I had a Cabernet Dual connected to my Atmasphere MA-1 and it was magical.

Sold the cab dual and got a Grange currently matched to a GFA 545, well it's a GFA with the Hoppes Brain circuit SS amp, and sounds great.

Okay what am I missing here. Deal of the century. Best preamp on planet Earth. Yet we are talking hums hissing noisy remote control bad solder joints, bad paint,and a designer that doesn't know how to use XLR connectors. And you need to find a technician stateside to "finish" the product? With all the preamps available on planet Earth I simply don't get what's going on here. 

@rbertalotto What you are missing, and what’s going on here, has mostly to do with your ability to read.

Best preamp on earth — Where’d you get that? - Hissing, noisy remote control — Where’d you get that? Doesn’t know how to use XLR connectors — Where’d you get that? Bad solder joints— Where'd you get that? Bad paint— Where’d you get that? A loose tube socket — disappointing but hardly the first time an audio product has a missed defect that needed follow up in the field or back in the factory (do you ever read reviews?). Having a tech in the States to help solve problems, vs. having to return the goods to Australia — What’s your beef with that? 

What led to an aspect of a (special order) Grange getting a little mixed up re rhe case is not clear, but in the context of a one man operation dealing with lots of requests, orders and building, including the rigors of point to point wiring, plus dealing with his hon audio own everyday life — e,g., take a look at where Mick lives — it’s hardly surprising that mistakes are sometimes made.