Meitner MA3 amp/integrated suggestions

I recently picked up a used Meitner MA3 to combine my streamer and DAC into one unit. I've been blown away by this unit and it's DAC, but more surprisingly it's preamp/volume control have been excellent! I'm currently running it directly into my beloved Oliver Sayes 421a tube amp, with excellent results. 

Since I listen almost 8hrs a day, I don't want to burn my tubes that much, so I thought I'd look for a solid state amp, or integrated. Reason I thought amp first was because of the excellent volume control on the MA3. 

What are you guys connecting the MA3 to? wpc not a concern since I use highly efficient speakers. since this won't be my main amp i'ld like to find something in the under $3k used budget. Suggestions welcome 

128x128kray

@blisshifi thanks for the response. Oh man. My virtual system is 20yrs old. Needs updating 😂

yes I’m using Daedalus 97db speakers in a 13.5’x12.5’ room. So somewhat near field intimate setup. Dedicated room. Yeah I’m not looking to meet or exceed the Sayes. But something I can live with. I’m testing out a Naim Uniti Atom for fun and must say it surprised me. Very musical and good value for all in one. But instead of having two separate systems like that I just want to pair up a sweet sounding musical ss amp to the Meitner so I can leave on all day while I’m working.  

@kray 

The MA3 is a terrific dac/steamer and the Oliver Sayes amps are heirloom quality. I bet it sounds terrific.

Maybe consider one of the lower power Luxman Class A integrated amplifers. Why not consider a tube amp with tubes that are easily and inexpensively replaced? A Leben 300xs? Many people enjoy their LFD solid state and I have a friend who loves his Lejonklou Boazu integrated. The person with the Lejonklou also owns a MA3. Good luck and enjoy.

Daedelus speakers pair incredibly well with Modwright amps. Perhaps try to find a KWA-100SE on the used market, which would fall in your budget. I used to have a full Modwright stack, though have no professional affiliation with Dan Wright, and I have never personally owned Daedelus.

Another amp brand I would recommend, if you don't mind Class A temperatures, would be First Watt. Some of Nelson Pass' offerings in this line fall in the under $3K budget and would make your Daedalus sing! Looks like there is a First Watt M2 on another marketplace, I have no affiliation with it. I've heard a SIT-3 and it is a great performer for the price, but typically sells for closer to $4K on the used market.

Another friend of mine and fellow Audiogoner had Deadalus speakers and paired them up with PS Audio M1200 monoblocks. They sounded really wonderful for the money, completely holographic & resolving while being very musical. Part of the musicality might have been due to the Luxman D-10X he was using as his DAC.

@ghasley Have you looked at tube prices these days?

They have come down but not to Pre-Putin-Invasion prices. 

LFD is a great choice and Lejonklou not so much (in my opinion) I had one of their phono-preamps that literally fell apart after 2 years. 

Why not consider a tube amp with tubes that are easily and inexpensively replaced?

@ghasley hi Geoff! Yes the Sayes 421a is a keeper. I also foolishly sold a dual mono 46 SET he built for me. Thanks for the suggestions. I had a LFD years ago and do remember it was super close to tubes and may need to relook at it. Similarly was a Belles Aria I had, but read the SA100 is sweet amp only. The Leben is another good choice to look into. Never heard one but always glowing support. 

@blisshifi youre right. Tons of folks pair of the Modwright with Daedalus. That used FW M2 looks tempting too. I might have to just buy and sell a ton of used amps to figure it out. 

@juanmanuelfangioii lol. That’s exactly why I was trying to add a solid state to my tube collection. I have 3 WE421a’s piled up, and it’s almost impossible to find them for less than $500 a pop now. At least my amp is only 3 tubes total. Can’t imagine having to swap out 6 or 8 tubes in one amp