Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

@aldnorab  yeah, I know, maybe I should have waited, but Mick said he listened to it for a week hooked up to a 300B SET Amp he built for himself and reported it sounded great with no noise/hum. I guess I believed him... My buyer was very happy, quote: "The tonality is jaw dropping".

@luisma31 what's an EML 45 XL tube? I see the regular 45, the mesh, and the globe, but no XL. I have both the EML 45 mesh and the 300B mesh as well as a EML 274B Mesh rectifier. 

My unit got stuck in customs in Perth and is just now leaving :(... Continued patience required.

My Grange arrived today, but sadly not all is well. For starters, despite many emails over the course of the 7 month wait, Mick sent a wood version instead of the black unit I ordered. I have no idea how that could have gotten lost as I even put '1 Black Supratek Grange' into each PayPal payment description I sent. I am wondering if he is trying to build too many these days and loses track of his customer's orders. The unit also has a loose or defective power tube socket as one of the 300Bs is very, very wobbly once inserted. Very odd for a brand new preamp. For me, that's now two for two as my original Chardonnay arrived with one channel not producing sound. I ended up having to open the preamp and re-solder a cable to a XLR socket tab. I hope others have more luck. I have been so distressed that critical listening has not yet happened. 

Yes, I've found Mick can forget what's asked of him. He has a tech in the U.S., who I had a private exchange with which some months back but can't find now.

deutscherhififan

... Mick sent a wood version instead of the black unit I ordered ... The unit also has a loose or defective power tube socket as one of the 300Bs is very, very wobbly once inserted.

It’s not what you ordered and it’s defective. I’d send that back for a refund.