Has anyone bought the Psvane Acme 300B Vacuum Tube?

These are on my radar but I really know little of them. I had contact once with a fella that re-tubed his VAC Renaissance 70/70 amp with them and said they made a big difference in a good way. It would take about $4K to re-tube my amp with these. I am not in a hurry, just doing research. I can have VAC re-tube it for less than half of this. I think tubes will last a very long time in my amp, especially after I get the MK III upgrade on this amp when I take it to VAC this October. I can also get Gold Lion PX300B tubes for half of this, any one use those? I've had this amp a long time, I plan on keeping it until the grave so I want to do this right their first time even if I have to be patient and wait to afford a re tube. I am retired so disposable income is vastly reduced. I am just thankful i have so many fine audio pieces to enjoy now that I bought many years ago when I could.

128x128fthompson251

@sns As I previously mentioned, in checking around the web you’ll mostly find satisfied users of all the boutique 300B tubes. This tells you one of two things, either all the boutique tubes are nice or its all confirmation bias. You may find a particular 300b is preferred for a specific component, but overall they all get high marks.

Agree 100%. In my opinion all of the premium tier 300b tubes are excellent. Invariably some are going to be better matches than others in a particular circuit or amplifier (Even depending upon overall audio system voicing).

I purchased the Takatsuki when first available for the American market (Bought directly from Japan) it’s a superb 300b. I feel the same with regard to the Elrog I once owned.I have no doubts that the Psvane Acme, Linlai, and Current production Western Electric are superb choices.

No one can claim that one is unequivocally better than the others. Too many variables come into play. My 300b SET amplifier sounds brilliant but is a bit hard on the tubes I have learned over the years.

So in my circumstances the exceptionally rugged and durable (And splendid sounding) EML XLS has worked out best long term for “me”. The higher cost upper tier 300b tubes are worth it in a high quality amplifier. You’ll get the most out of a good amp with them onboard.

Charles

Thanks, my issue is that I need 2 matched quads ( 8 total tubes) for my VAC Ren 70/70 amp so if I can find something good and reasonable that would be great. There are also different levels of the Psvane 300 B's. Anyone try the Gold Lion PX300B?

@fthompson251 

Yes,  that’s a lot of 300b tubes. Although I have not heard them personally, there are many good comments in regard to the JJ 300b . Reports are a good sounding and reliable tube that is very affordable. I am familiar with the VAC Renaissance 70/70 amplifier. Very good choice.👍

Charles 

In lower price group, Shuguang Black Treasure comes out on top in some the comparative reviews I've seen. All tubes in lower tier really not close to upper tier, really no middle ground with these tubes. The large gulf due mostly to superior resolving/transparency capabilities of the top tier. Can understand the cost issue, minimum $4k for the top tier.

@fthompson251   I had 16 of the Gold Lion 300B in my Canary Grand Reference Mono Amps with low hours.  I decided to upgrade with Western Electric when I had some fun money.  Now no more fun money --- thank you stock market and inflation.  While Western Electric is a step above Gold Lion in SQ, from a price perspective, I could have been happy with the Gold Lion.   I am now a tube collector.