Supra Cat 8 Ethernet cable

HI All

I recently purchased a Supra Cat 8 ethernet cable to replace the stock cable to my bluesound node 2i after hearing rave reviews of the Supras.  However, the Supra sounded rather bright and clinical in my system. Plus side it has a lot of details,  sounds very clear and bass prodution was pretty good but just sounded very forward and bright over my stock ethernet cable.   Am using Klipsch 6000 f speakers,  an XTZ power amp and a Freya + preamp.

I have not run in the Supra fully yet, about 7 hours. Will it get better over time? Has anyone who has used Supra to your node 2i felt the same. Or do you have a different opinion? Appreciate your views. 

ram18

Just leave your digital on repeat or load up music on Roon or whatever to play 

24-7 Keith Amp,preamp off only digital has to be on I do this with new cables for 10 days huge difference after say 150 hours then gets better still 100 hours further.

@ram18 ex-Supra Cat8 user here too; no brightness issues; shielded Cat6a from router to ethernet to fibre optic/fibre optic to ethernet converters. - Supra Cat8 to Node. Agree with others, let it play on loop for a good number of hours. 

No, I don't use a streamer, just a computer. My ear is sensitive to all kinds of digital wrongs so I would've heard it. I don't quite remember about breaking it in, it was alright from the beginning and I bought it new.

In my case, signal goes from computer to a not too bad Burson Dac via Wywires Silver USB cable. Wywires Silver power cord on the Dac. Grado RS1 headphones.

I am running the Supra Cat 8b cable with  my streamer left on playing a bunch of music with my amps off.  Will have it running a day or two. Hope this helps. Thanks for your suggestions.