Jm Lab Alto Utopia what kind of amplifier ?

I have Jm Lab Alto Utopia speakers and I'm trying to find an amp/preamp that would be a good match for them. I was wondering if you have any suggestions, experiences with Utopia line? Thanks. Mark
zszwedo
I think you are right about tubes Atmasphere, I just have no experience with OTL amps and I'm not sure about the looks of Atmasphere amps. I wish I had a store nearby to listen to these. Thanks
Thank you Paul for your recommendations, I have tried Accuphase E560 and it was OK, but not really a good match. It actually sounded better with my Dali Helikon 300. I think that Utopia needs good tube amplification to shine.
By the way I just noticed that you have a new room and a very nice upgrade Accuphase separates! Congratulations, do you still have your Jm lab Micros?
I have a local dealer that carries both Rowland and the Utopia line. I have heard the Alto's with both the 302 and the battery supplied Model 10.
Zszwedo, OTL are just amplifiers. Like all amplifiers, they work with some speakers and not others, and some OTLs sound better than others.

People often talk about OTLs are like they are somehow something 'other'... but they compete quite nicely against traditional amplifier designs. If you like speed, transparency, neutrality and smoothness all in one place they can be a good option.

Tube amps in general need more attention than transistors. Some OTLs need a lot of attention. Ours tend to need very little- bias is automatic and the amps are quite stable- more so than most 'conventional' amps.

However in my last post I was not talking specifically about our amps, but they do work well on JM Labs. Our amps tend to run a little hotter, not (as most people think) because of the tubes, but because they are class A amplifiers.