Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 Failures

I have read many posts in different forums where owners
LPS-1 and 1.2 have stopped working after a few years.

mine has just done the same short of 3 years.

Uptone should pull this product from the site so others are not waisting  their money.

gorgeousstyle

This thread is nothing to do with Alex. I believe he works hard like the rest of Americans. He cares about his company and wants to maintain a good reputation.

This is about a product that was sold to be paired with the Rendu, but has design issues.

As a network engineer it is amusing that how men believe they hear an improvement in a layer 2 device like the Regen affecting sound quality.
Same with the LPS affecting digital bit perfect square waves.

The LPS-1.2 is not repairable not only because of supply chain issues. It’s not a thoughtful way to spend your money to improve sound if you are all honest with yourselves. It’s an immersive hobby I get it and all the little devices are toys.

Per Alex the LPS will be dropped.

BTW/ - If you do own a LPS-1.2 and it’s working don’t turn it off and leave it off for a week

or more it may not work when you plug it back in.

Uptone literally sold thousands and thousands of both LPS variants. There is bound to be a small % of failures like with any other product.

The comments you see on the web about failure are sometimes indicative of how many units are out there - rather than if the product itself was failing at a higher than usual rate.

Lots of complaints here without stating whether Uptone support their products. This thread seems malevolent. Products have a warranty and only if the vendor didn‘t support its products would that be newsworthy.

Uptone is great company, Alex great communicator and John great designer. Uptone supports their products, as stated previously, many LPS 1.2 sold, bound to be some failures, and amperage produced relatively low, means its going to run hotter vs higher amperage producing lps, heat is enemy of longevity.

Last spoke to Alex perhaps a month ago, only product going out door at present JS-2, parts shortages impacting present products and some new ones coming along.