Hifi Rose RS150B

I had been using the Luxman D03X as the DAC running it into Luxman Preamp/Amp (595ASE Preout/M10X Amp) combo and it’s been wonderful. Yesterday I brought home the Hifi Rose RS150B and hooked up to it’s USB port and running it’s balanced out into the Luxman Amp/Preamp combo.. Guys, I have to say, I am getting closer and closer to Audio Nirvana.. Its a wonderful streamer/DAC, now I have to take it back to the dealer and wait for my ordered unit.. Just wanted to share my experience..

rman9

Congrats. My only fear with the HIFI Rose is for $5k you are in the Lumin T2 area of price. With the HFR bells and whistles (screens, etc), is the audio portion compromised a bit to keep cost In line? I would love a comparison

@aberyclark I have the Lumin D2 and between the two I prefer the hifi rose. I find the rose more musical with more dynamics and bit of boost on the bass without losing the high frequency response. Also I go of my memory on the Gold Note DS10 that I use to have and it was not anything that I can be super excited compared to the Rose.. I am trading in the Lumin D2

If it's better than the D2, then it's at least on par with the T2 which is a good thing. Keep us posted as it breaks in more :)

I've been eye balling this piece for a while as well. It looks stunning. As with everyone else, I'm curious to know how much the cost is for the light show.

I have a Hegel H390, using the internal DAC. I'm itching to upgrade to an external DAC. Would it be worth the jump?

I've had the Hifi Rose RS150B for a few weeks now. I like the different options it provides with the Filter, I chose to stay with the Minimum Phase slow roll off filter. It's balanced out audio is stunning paired with the Luxman 595ASE. The VU meters, I find it tacky.. So I don't use them. Even from a distance you can tell it's a display and I just don't care for that. The display for the songs is nice and clean. I thought I might have trouble navigating the different features. But surprisingly it's very intuitive and easy..