Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Been using my Russ Andrews RF Router MK III for a couple months now on my second system/Home Theatre system.   Very happy with the improvement it has made in SQ.  Heck of a value to performance item. Will have give it a go on my main system which has ground boxes and nice power conditioners to see if can make an additional improvement. I haven’t been able distinguish a difference in wire types. Using  DIY OCC 8TC Kimber Kable Chinese copy.

@ozzy not chassis grounded.  I have my amp, DAC, CD, blue ray player, sat Dish receiver and sub connected directly into components open RCA plugs to the RF Router double side posts (2 banana, 4 spade) The single post on the RF Router Is connected by spade to a wall power plug rewired with all 3 wires to the ground only and plugged into an outlet using the house ground wiring.  Not how Russ recommends but it’s working well for me.

tksteingraber,

Ok, I would call that signal grounding. I have mine routed to my Entreq/DIY units.

I am using the Russ Andrews device to the chassis of my Lumin X1 power supply and the chassis of my JL CR-1 crossover.

But whatever way improves the sound...

ozzy

I made order of components for DIY Ground Boxes. I would like to see comments from experienced users. 

Maybe something is superfluous or missing?

Not sure about using a magnetic mat. Has anyone tested its effect?

Oak box 6,6"x8,5"x4,6"

Entreq Slim Tungsten Feets

Viborg BP614R Cu(R) binding post

Silver Wire 4N 10AWG 

Copper Tape OFC 3N 

Copper Foil OFC 3N

Tungsten Foil 3N 

Application Stabilant with Graphene Powder

Filling Diamagnetics, Piezo- and Pyroelectrics:

83% Schungite

10% Tourmaline

5% Rochelle salt