Bud Fried Towers?

Has anyone heard the new bud fried towers...?
jk2122
I'm glad to see Salk went back to the Hiquphon tweeter, even if it is the one with ferrofluid(yuk). The previous Bozo's used a ring radiator that was extremely rolled off and had terrible dispersion.
I spent a lot of time listening to the Bud Fried Towers and getting opinions/info at Rocky Mountain. Long story short: Jim Salk acquired the right to the name, Bud’s notebooks, papers etc and in conjunction with Dennis Murphy is building and selling them. If the idea is to bring the principles of Mr. Fried into the 21st century I think they hit it out of the park

The Fried DNA is clear: transmission line and series crossover. The result is what one would have hoped for if Bud had the more modern drivers, computer power, materials etc that are available today. They were utterly non-fatiguing while also being uncannily accurate. From the lowest lows to the highest high all was as it should be; nothing shrill or boomy; nothing added or subtracted. Imaging was precise and the impression was of a unitary sound source, not as Bud apparently was fond of saying : “A collection of drivers in a box.” I did not have access to test data, but I think it is very likely that this speaker has a very easy to drive impedance curve; resistive rather than reactive. Perhaps as Rfogel8 suggests the choice of the Hiquphon tweeter, which seemed to be a favorite of Mr. Fried’s is an important part of the formula.

The Salk DNA is also there. As much as I admired the sound of Mr. Fried’s products, the execution sometimes left a bit to be desired. These have the build quality, the fit and finish, that has been a part of Salk Sounds reputation. A lot of value for the price is an understatement.

I have not yet spoken with Jim Salk, but from everything I have heard his and Salk Sounds reputation for customer service is exemplary. I’m looking forward to it.
Rumor has it that Overture in Delaware will be a FRIED dealer. If true, that's quite an endorsement!