new Accuphase dp 500?

anyone bought it yet? how it sounds?
128x128kops
I owned a late MCD 7009 which is the same as the 7010 and it is consider better than the MCD 205. Now I own an Accuphase DP-500 and I like it considerably better. Here are the difference, the bass is extended with body, the mids full weigh and vey warm, and the highs are very alive with a silky sound to it. In my opinion the Mac mid is leaner and the base lacks the weigh, also the highs are not as good. In my opinion is all better, and built like a tank. If you want Mac go for the their top player but cost a ton. I consider the DP-500 a good Value. I own MAC pre and Amp.
I hope this help you.
iamhifi
i heard this at dealer showroom, the only player to compare was the giant killer rega saturn.

It was no comparison! the Dp500 has a different manifest, it makes the music sound real, alive. Its not a question of details, soundstage, etc, its more of the fact that this player can make the music come alive in a very unique way that no other player can do. At least not yet in my experience.

Switching back to the Rega saturn was a huge set-back. it wasnt as muscal, its like listening to a hi fi system rather than a live event.

hard to explain in words but that accuphase can leave you wanting for it.
I would second Nolitan´s findings.
The DP-500 made a 5-days test appearance in my system. Directly driving my active Avantgarde Acoustic Solo speakers, it was an absolutely compelling experience.
Detail, space, body and colours were wonderful AND made in total an extremely coherent musical experience!
The DP-500 was continuously giving credit to the listener; with almost all other digital sources I´ve heard, good as they were (AA Cap II, MacIntosh 201, Musical Fidelity..)rather the opposite was the case; the listener somehow has to fit in the sonic puzzle´s last pieces, be it mentally or emotionally. To me the Accuphase seemed just more generous, if that makes any sense.
However, being a new unit, the DP-500 opened up ONLY after 70-80 hours of continuous playing. Auditioners be really patient.
Regards
To add what abetz is also stating, i notice that on not so "audiophile" recordings, the DP500 made those cd's sound very listenable. I brought some cd's that were early 90s recording. On other cd players, it sounded bright and tizzy. But with the DP500 i felt it smoothen those bright recordings and made in listenable.
Really impressive... The build quality is also tank like.
Good job on this accuphase.
To make the DP500-song complete: one should definitely also use it´s DAC section.
I connected my squeezebox via TOSlink to the digital input, and Pandora sounded suddenly nearly as impressive as the CD section..
regards