Esoteric Mods

I own an Esoteric P70/D70 Transport and DAC, I am considering having both modded. I have been doing some limited research, however I would like to hear from anyone who has had their Esoteric units modded to get some feedback. My units are still under warranty for another 6 months. I would like to know the names and websites of some reputable companies I can contact. Bottom line is it worth investing into. Thanks for your help
mmitch7711
I just recently purchased and had the opportunity to pickup a RAM modded ($2709) Esoteric DV 60 from Kyle/RAM, with the new Ultraclock upgrade (which is an additional charge). While I didn't have a chance to compare it to a stock DV 60. There was an unmodded Esoteric X-01 on hand and all I can say is that after spending about an hour playing the same song repeatedly on the DV 60. When the X-01 was compared to it, I wanted to run out of the room! The X-01 was cold sounding and lifeless compared to the modded DV 60. It was a complete beat down in everyway from top to bottom (and believe me, I'm not a placebo effect type person). I would also like to add that Kyle is a really cool guy to deal with and doesn't exhibit any of the eccentric egotistical nut job behavior that's out there.
I have a RAM-modded DV50, with the $2200 upgrade. It is phenomenally good. On CD, it's only slightly below my $25,000 front end, and only in such areas as fine detail retrieval and maximum nuance. Otherwise, given the same cabling, it sounds almost identical and just as musical. The same capability is there on CD, SACD, and DVD-A. Doug Jesse did my mods but the mods are probably equally good from both locations.
Mmitch, I've not used the RAM/Audio Consulting copper transformers, but I used both the "standard" OPT48 Silver and the Silver Rocks. The Silver Rocks sound quite a bit more refined but are not the most cost-effective mod you can throw into a high-end player.
What unit did you have the silver mod done to? When you say refined could you be a bit more specific. I have never had a Mod performed before, neither have I even heard one, however I am trying to get as much info as possible to feel more comfortable about having one done on my DAC.

Thanks
I tried both kinds of Audio Consulting silver transformers in a DIY modded SCD-1 and ended up with the Silver Rocks. Many of the ideas & parts in the project came from RAM-- Kyle has always shared ideas freely. The sound of both transformers is natural & smooth & resolving, yet with a purity & sweetness in the treble that surprises relative to EMM, DCS, et al. The Silver Rocks sound less compressed & have better dynamics & bass control & fine detail. Audio Consulting transformers are expensive, but there is less labor involved in the mod project, since the stock output stage is jetisoned instead of modified piecemeal.

Add a Superclock 4 (or Ultraclock) & some judicious mods to power & that CDP should sound great.