Innuos Network Isolation Switch and Reclocker (Phoenix)

A few weeks ago I added an Innuos PhoenixUSB reclocker to go along with my Innuos Zenith MKIII streamer which I am running Roon/Tidal on. On it’s own, I have to admit the Zenith didn’t offer the performance boost I was hoping for over my prior Mac Mini. This was even though I was using the “Squeezebox experimental mode” for better performance that pro users know about - it made a tiny bit of an improvement. For convenience I’ve been using the Zenith for years.

When I added the PhoenixUSB reclocker, after break in the performance boost was very clear. Everything became more focused, with better clarity. But I had the slightest feeling that my system was now a tad more “HiFi” sounding, which is not a quality I strive for in my system. Nevertheless I much preferred the sound with the PhoenixUSB reclocker. I perhaps wasn’t quite as over the moon as all other reviewers/owners seem to be with it though.

My Innuos PhoenixNET network isolation switch arrived yesterday. Without even any break in, the results are sublime. It took all the benefits of the PhoenixUSB and added to them in a way that took the sound in a far more natural direction. I’m amazed at the “calm” presentation I have now as one pro reviewer put it. The music is more straightforward now, and easygoing, with a highly detailed, tight, utterly controlled but also warm and inviting sound. There is an overwhelming sense of stability and solidity to the sound now, and it is very natural. Pro reviewers describe the sound as “analog” to use that cliche. Another said more specifically, it is like a highest quality tape recording. I’d agree, but there is of course zero noise. My system just sounds like music now without any hint of nasty “HiFi” qualities…

Highly recommend this combo, even if it’s pricey considering upgraded power cords, Ethernet cables and USB cables (a must - don’t bother without these upgrades)….

I wasn’t particularly a fan of Innuos when I just had my Zenith MKIII, but I am now.  It’s always stunning for me when I hear a slightly warm sound that is at the same time highly detailed, fast, punchy, and with tons of grip, and that’s what I’m hearing now.

nyev

Good to know - I read that Sense was buggy so never bothered…. Is it better now? I’ll give it a shot.

To be clear, I didn’t find the Zenith to sound bad. Just wasn’t materially better than my Mac Mini with Audirvana…. With the two Phoenix devices my Mac Mini is left in the dust though.

Never thought to look into Sense again. I can’t imagine my source levelling up even higher, I’m a bit afraid to change anything as it’s everything I could want, finally…

What is a SR Purple Fuse, where do I get one, and what do I do with it?

@gdnrbob , the PhoenixNET might even make a bigger impact than the PhoenixUSB, for me.  The overall sound has a sort of confidence to it now.  The benefits are totally different from what the reclocker does but together they utterly complement each other.  I can’t even imagine having just one or the other now.  

The original release of Sense had a major bug which took several release to sort. Since then it works seamlessly. I’m on the beta with full Tidal integration and it strikes me as ready for release. I’ve flipped back and forth with Roon trials but sense is way ahead sound wise.

Post removed 
Post removed