Quick speaker review: Ojas DIY kit

Quick notes in case you are wondering about the Ojas speaker kits.  Recently bought the DIY kit from Ojas, the project from Devon Turnbull.  As promised, it was easy to assemble and they sound GREAT.  Shockingly good, no sub needed, reminds me of my 1980’s JBL speakers (these are JBL too I believe).  Made me sell my modded Klipsch Cornwalls (which I loved).  Painted them green, they are my TV/audio system, I’m very happy.

garthb309

hey @garthb309 thanks for the follow up! Question for you - how would you characterize the "80's sound"? 

@avgonzalez77 great question, it's the sound you get when you turn on one of those classic teen movies (sixteen candles, say anything, pretty in pink).  It's a bit of a metallic, boom box sound but in a good, nostalgic way!  Listening to Bowie's "Let's Dance" album was a perfect match for these speakers.  The bass is crisp (but not booming) so it's enough bass, although I do like my subwoofer with the Ojas + horn mod for a total package.

Hope that helps!  

p.s. I think these are great, and wouldn't be surprised if Devon doesn't do this forever,  that's why I picked up a second pair

@avgonzalez77 Did you get the Ojas?.. I'm in a similar situation with the Leben CS300XS. Looking for more efficent speakers and these look like fun...