TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66

I did the update to both of mine and all went smoothly.  Thanks for letting us know about the update!  I've been using Roon and it doesn't tell me there's an update available like the Teac or Lumin apps would.  I haven't had a chance to listen yet, other than to make sure they both still work. 

There's an interesting menu addition called "sound" that gives you four options, including "Live", "Rich Harmonics", "Fast Attack", and Neutral.  It'll be interesting to see what, if anything those do.  

How do you do it with the streamer app?  I have an IPad and IPhone and I can’t figufigure it out.  I also have a PC that I tried and got really messed up.  Stuck in the update mode over 3 hours.

I ended up calling the service center that worked on my unit.  They were nice enough to talk to me.  Told me I would have to unplug the unit and it was a 50/50 chance of not destroying a chip in the unit.  

Thankfully all was good, but I still don’t have my unit firmware updated.

Help doing it with a PC, or how the Streamer app might be able to do it?

Hi everyone, 

I have seen that TEAC published new 505X with sabre dacs, anyone bought it and compared it to the AK?

Hello all, 

coming back to the original purpose of this thread: I have been unlucky since the problem described (TEAC NT-505 cannot establish ethernet connect and remains in status "NET starting") has happened to me 2,5 years after my purchase.  What's more the TEAC distributors have closed down their offices in my country (Greece), so I am a bit lost as what to do next..

@xamastrok 

My story is just like yours. I had the NT-505 for about 2 years and then the same problem started to occur. At first it was intermittent but over time it got worse and worse until eventually I could not get it to connect via ethernet at all. My solution was to use a spare external streamer I had to connect to ethernet and route the digital output to the NT-505's digital inputs. I use a Bluesound Node 2 but there are a number of less expensive streamers you could use.