Need some suggestions for a desktop amp.

I'm in need of some ideas/suggestions for a desktop amp. built in DAC would be a plus but not necessary. I used to have a Naim Untitqute driving my Harbeth P3ESR's which are very nearfield. My issue with the Naim is the large form factor which takes up a lot of space on my desk. Although the sound and functionality was great with the built in DAC and all.

The issue is, most amps with a smaller form factor made for desks are Headphone amps and not speaker amps. 

I tried a little Chinese amp but the ChiFi amp I ordered wouldn't work hooked up via USB to my iMac like it was adverstied to. So back it went.

I considered buying some Active Speakers but have never had any experience with them so not sure what direction to go. I love my little Harbeths so would like to keep them but I'm open to making a change if need be.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Nuprime IDA-8. However, I wanted to get others opinions first.

Thank you for your thoughts.

128x128jb505

I purchased the sprout used. It arrived DOA. So I had to send it to PS Audio for a fix. It is under warranty and the seller paid for shipping to PS.
I bought some Quad powered 9L speakers to give the powered speaker thing a try. They arrived, supposed to be in mint condition, with all original everything. The original box was half gone, it looked like rats had gotten to it. The remote control rubber outside was deteriorated to the point where it is all sticky and no power cords for the speakers. I guess my idea of mint is different from others.

I bought some power cords on Amazon. I took rubbing alcohol to the remote and it’s much nicer now.

The speakers are in great shape, not near mint, but overall sound nice.

Tons of great amps in the 2K range!

if too big, ….I love my Avantone cla-200 stereo amp, 

she is great, and sounds wicked playing rock/metal/blues !!

800$, ….great little amp!

or check QSC,  crown, 

have a couple pro amps in storage, the best is the ca-9 from Crest, before the buyout, as are my Energy speakers from Energy, before destroyed by klipsch!

check out the avantone cla-200 stereo amp, or the QSC!

Many companies are OUB past few years!  

The avantone cla-200 will drive speakers, 

enjoy the hunt.

Post removed