Ethernet - Analog/Digital Signal Clean Up

Curiosity got the better of me recently and I tried a pretty cheap tweak where I used two Fiber Optic converters between the eero access point and my Lumin U1 Mini streamer. Converted from copper Ethernet to fiber optic then back to copper and then into streamer using my Supra Cat8. 

I was pleasantly surprised with the improvements this change had brought into my system and now I am wondering if I can do better. One other aspect of the current configuration that I don’t like is the clutter - each unit comes with it’s own power supply and add to that a fiber optic cable. I already have a spider web of wires and am not looking to add to that. 

Objective is to have as much noise, RFI and EMI removed before it reaches the streamer. 

Seeking opinions on the following units from those who had tried them in their systems:

1. English Electric Network Switch 8 (Silent Angel is pretty much the same thing)
  2. Uptone EtherREGEN (currently out of stock)
  3. Network Acoustics Eno (box or streaming system)

What is your experience with these units?

Anything else to add to the above list? 

Thanks in advance!

128x128audphile1

Ethernet isolators designed for medical use are just to stop DC currents flowing from one device to another, for safety reasons. They have no components inside to filter out RFI or other high frequency electrical noise. They consist of an input RJ45 socket with transformer coupling (the same device as in an Ethernet switch) which is then directly wired to an output RJ45 socket.

This is the same with the DXE device. There’s no components in there to remove electrical noise.

Hi, this is my 1st post.

I was very sceptical about all these pre-streamer connections until my friend bought me a cheap £15 Netgear switch. Guess what ... it made a difference. I have since bought the English Electric 8 switch and this made a bigger difference. Then I added  Sablon Audio (£325) Etherlnet cable between EE8 and Streamer. Again a slight improvement. Research tells me that multiple switches can help but expensive cable up to the switch isn't necessary.

So, router via chord cable to net gear via 10m cheap cable to EE8 via Sablon to streamer.

Works for me

@audphile1 I'll mention this for umpteenth time, when using usb dac,optimization is absolute key!. Vast majority of servers have rather poor usb rendering, reason for all these usb filters, renderers, other thingies. Right off, I'd say this is your weakest link, even beyond needing lps for the FMC's.

Very difficult to get beyond clutter when optimizing streaming networks. The only means to get beyond this is with the very top tier servers with optimized INTERNAL usb, network ports, or whatever output port one prefers, these also have built in top tier lps so no need for external lps. Another means to simplified system is slightly lesser server with top tier streamer/dac, server still must provide top tier network out port to retain simplicity. With all the streamer functions built into dac, one can bypass all the usb or any other preferred port issues. Get rid of all port issues, half the battle of clutter has been taken care of, only ethernet optimization remains.

Sorry, wasn't totally clear, I meant streaming dac. Separate streamer and dac is another option, not clutter free, however.