Homage to those who are pleased with your audio rig

HOMAGE TO ALL WHO ARE PLEASED WITH YOUR AUDIO RIG- ENJOY THE MUSIC!

I am now pleased with my two audio systems. I am enjoying the music. Both are, by most measures, humble audio rigs but.... I am enjoying the music.

It’s all tubes and digital in one system and SS and digital in the other, have not gotten back into albums. Parasound Amp, Schiit Preamp, Schiit DAC, Sony CD player, Bluesound Node 2, Vandersteen speakers with Rythmik Subwoofer one rig, Line Magnetic integrated tube amp, Rega CD player, Schiit DAC, Bluesound Vault and Tekton Double Impack SE speakers in rig 2.

Please tell us all, how did you get there? Are you still working at it? Care to tell us what equipment your using? Simple rig? Are you enjoying the music?

128x1282psyop

Yes. I am enjoying the music. Finally. I was about to give up or chase the dragon of upgraditus. I determined though to be sure I got the best out of what I had before any more moolah spent. By proper speaker positioning and finally getting my subs integrated I am finally enthralled. At this point I'm not sure I need to do much more. Is it immoral in the audiophile sense to decide you're happy enough? More than likely the bug will bite but the itch has been delayed. My system is modest as well, at least to some on this site but it is a crazy amount to a lot of people "just to listen to music"! I am streaming using Bluesound Node 2i, a DH Labs coax feeding an Aqua La Voce DAC. Heaven's Gate XLRs to my Parasound Hint 6 Integrated. Straightwire Expressivo Bi Wire speaker cables to my Dali Opticon 8s and a pair of REL T7i. Maybe my inexperience hearing high end rigs puts me at a disadvantage as far as comparison, but it sure sounds sweet to me!

Congratulations. That is a good place to be. Me as well. Photos of my systems are posted as are yours.

I have gone through five to seven year periods of being really happy and just enjoying the music. Then I was financial able to afford an upgrade. Then a year or so of upgrade to a new level of performance. A few years before I retired I upgraded my systems. I expected that to be the last. But I have been fortunate in retirement an was able to do the largest upgrade I have ever done and significantly upgraded all my components and moved to all tube systems. This had an enormous impact.

My main system is Sonus Faber Amati Traditional with all Audio Research Reference components. A new nearly Klimax Linn LP12 turntable and flagship Aurender Streamer put vinyl playback, streaming, CD playing, and file playing at equal sound quality levels with the same tonal balance… exactly what I want. I also have a similar headphone system.

Being retired, my system gives me great enjoyment and is so addictive, no matter how many hours a day I listen, it is never enough. My system is the culmination of fifty years of relentless pursuit and investment and is a tremendous source of satisfaction..

I happily have a whole floor with my library, fireplace, office, audio room and systems that have made hibernating due to the pandemic a real pleasure. The forest and quiets streets affording daily dog walks and bicycling a real pleasure. So, my audio systems play a central focus, but within a broader context. 

prentice

Wow retired and all that you mentioned. That is wonderful. Not quite to the retirement age, but I think my idea of an ideal situation might be very close to yours. Although my wife and I would like to travel around for some months.... if we have the means to do so. You have a wonderful audio system. Although like I proposed, we all need to be happy with the system we have and enjoy the music a little more.