Von Schweikert VR-6 or Wilson Audio Watt/Puppies 5

Dear friends,
I am on the second hand market for speakers with a budget of about $ 4-5 k. The shortest list I made puts a real dilemma: Von Schweikert VR 6 or Wilson Watt/Puppies 5,1. They will be driven by low power Push/Pull tube amplifier (Audio Note). Will be used mostly for rock and roll, pop, classic and jazz.
nikmilkov
I have dealt with Albert over and over and he is a top notch guy who builds as good or better speaker than anyone out there. I have sent him money plenty of times and he always comes through and in a big way. Mr. Lrsky must have an agenda. Come clean and spill your guts sir instead of playing games.
This thread is funny.
Knowing that Albert Von Schweikert has multiple Audiogon pseudonyms and uses them to ask AND answer questions, I'm not sure if these last two, might not be some of his.
As a matter of fact, I will assure you that Fplanner2000 is one of those pseudonyms.
For the record:
The Customer in question was Mike Gorrell to be specific. The year was 2003, about the time I orchestrated the CES for AVS.
I was able to get 8 Manufacturers to put up $5K each and go into a Ballroom at the CES that year, for AVS.
He appointed me President Emeritus. No pay, but I was able to capture $40K for a room.
It was a good show.
Later, an old customer Mike Gorrell, wanted a great pair of loudspeakers. His father had passed away, he had inherited millions, and he asked me to intercede and procure a great pair.
Albert had made noises about creating the pair like he had shown at the Vegas Show. I ordered them for Mike.
We sent Albert $30K as I recall for a $60K pair of his latest and greatest.
He never supplied them...didn't even address the issue.
Mike, tragically died in early 2004 without ever having received the speakers.
Harry Pearson, the legendary writer for 'The Absolute Sound' knowing me somewhat, warned me of AVS. I kept asking him for some review or acknowledgement of AVS and he kept warning me of him. I didn't listen...was not ready to believe him. Sadly, it turned out to be true.
The world of Audio is strewn with honorable and not.
AVS is not worthy of receiving a deposit.
Cash and carry is the only way I'd buy from him...not that I would.
Good luck.
Larry-
I don't even know you, but I am no "pseudonym" for anyone else, and a lot of people know who I am. What an ignorant thing to say. Your "assurances" are obviously worthless, much like the rest of your fable.