Can a DAC sort out a flat\cold amp?

My pc is connected to an external sound card (scarlett 2i4 by focusrite). I bought the Yamaha a-s1200 & am really disappointed at the brightness & the lack of bass to the extend I prefer listening to my portable JBL boombox. I'm in no position to sell or trade this amplifier so I thought a DAC with eq may help the predicament. Since auditioning my equipment is not an option in my country I have no choice but to buy something purely on recommendations. I also thought about replacing the speakers but since I listen to soundcloud & youtube i really think upscaling & eq will be much more cost effective option in sorting out this issue & may give me the confidence to try a much more expensive speaker option. what would you recommend?

128x128orenm145

Of course, get a DAC with a tube buffered output! My Kora, Herrmes makes everything sound like analog!

Good luck on your audio journey! Don't  worry, you will get it right in the near future. To me, the pic of your system shows problems of speaker positioning and it also looks like your room has too many hard surfaces. If you can address these issues, you will get much improved sound.

You need to confirm your speakers aren’t wired out of phase before you buy anything new.

@artemus_5 - I think you're on point.  I'm not familiar with the OPs speakers or amplifier, but it appears that the Yamaha retails for about $3,000 and the Dali's retailed for about $1,100.  It's likely that the Yamaha is revealing and resolving to a point to expose poor source material.  Upgrading speakers could only make things worse until the source is sorted.  From the picture, the room is also a significant contributor.  I imagine the sound to be bright and hollow.  I have not heard any complaints from the OP about the sound other than the lack of bass, so the SVS sub could very well be the solution that he's looking for.  It's unlikely that the result will be pleasing to the ears of most on this forum, but the only thing that matters is the OPs listening experience.