Buyers Beware Avoid Shawser61 Possibly Fraud

Ok! I bought a Denon DCD-S1 player from Shawser61 on Dec 20th. He hasn't shipped the player and no tracking uploaded by Dec 31st. He also stops responding to queries on Audiogon.

It's possible this seller is fraudulent in nature and a scam / con artist. I have contacted PayPal about this seller also.

Whomever thinking of dealing with him, exercise extreme caution.

Audiogon now blocks the seller information and you don't know where they live, their contact number and their direct email address. Pay Now button will take to PayPal website direct and all the seller information is hidden from buyer.
james_moe
It could be you're simply dealing with a newbie who does not get the importance of timely follow-up/responsiveness in these audio transactions. He may not understand the protocol for selling. That happened to me once with a rookie seller and I panicked too, and started emailing my audio contacts for advice. In the end, I received the gear I paid for, after explaining to the guy how to handle transactions. I hope that's what's going on here.
Hello Ejlif,

Audiogon does not send or share the seller name, address, contact number or email address with the buyer. There is only the Pay Now button to pay once the seller updates the total including shipping fees.

It's quite possible this new system is encouraging scammers come out in swarms. So, only local deals from Agon for me from now.

Thanks,
James
Hello Foster,

I think he understands he need to ship the item within certain time frame. I paid on Dec 20th and agreed with him to ship by Dec 28th.

He said he'll ship within a day or two on Dec 27th. He stops responding to my emails after that but keep listing more items for sale on Agon. He also answer the questions about his new listings but does not answer to the guy who has paid for him over 10 days ago.

So, this seems pretty much as a setup to me. And a lot of his items he sold does not add up and uses pictures from other countries / outside U.S / or off the web.

Anyway, I paid with PayPal and plastic. So, I think it'll take care of me. But I don't want other Agoner fall into the trap thus I started this thread.

James
Hello! Sorry my English, I write mostly using a google translator. I bought this guy's amp, paid on December 17 and December 18, received his trucking number. Here it is: EC771201795US. This Item did not go outside of Miami, and that it happened next is not known. It seems you are right. We have a high probability of dealing with a fraud. For me, the added complexity is that I live outside the U.S. and do not have any ability to influence the seller. I only hope for a return of their money from Paypal. May be somebody will tell me, what can I do more?
Hello Wr. Your English is very OK and I understands you perfectly fine.

But I wonder your problem may be a little different than mine.

What did you buy and how much did you pay him if you don't mind answering.

It seems the seller ships your item the next day after you paid him. The tracking number indicates the item ships from Florida where he mail the item to you.

It's a little strange because the item I bought indicates the item is located in Indiana State which is quite far from Florida.

Since he shipped the item you bought, you just need to wait for the item to arrive in good condition as he described.

It takes time for International Packages to arrive so you need to wait a bit longer. I think it takes like 2-3 weeks and longer due to the Christmas and Holidays closing time and customs clearance time.

If he didn't send you what you bought, your best course of action is to contact PayPal and the credit card company.

You can also contact FBI, Interpol, CIA and file compliant on their website even though it may not recover the funds for you if you don't get what you paid for. Also, these law agencies takes very long time to look into the compliant and there is no guarantee anything will be done since money matters are not their top priority as far as I understands.