On or off

Hello audiophiles!

I am relatively new to Audiogon. I have a question regarding leaving my amps on or off. My system consists of a  ROTEL RB 1590,  RMB 1585, RMB 1504, Marantz 8802a, OPPO 205 and all powered by a Torus cs bal 20. Should I leave the amps running?

golfnut49

i have a mx132 that i leave on 'standby' with the red light on. i also have a mc602 in the remote position with it's red light on also. would this be considered they are 'on'??

My SS monoblocks remain powered on all the time unless I am going out of town or in the event of thunderstorms.  In fact, upon the recommendation of the designer for sound quality, they do not even have an on/off switch - if the PC is plugged in, they are on.

If you’re using the 2-channel Rotel every day, leave it powered up as well as the Torus. It’s a high power amp with two toroidal transformers and I doubt that it will be warmed up for optimal listening in 15 min. My 300 wpc high current amp took up to an hour to get warmed up. I left it on 24/7 per the designer’s instructions.

I think your HT amps can stay on if they’re used everyday.