Almost equality

Through much trial and error, and with help from this forum, I’ve finally got a digital system that compares to my analog setup.  I never thought it possible, and I know there are those who say it’s impossible. And, of course, I’m comparing my unique systems to each other. YMMV.

My digital setup includes a Cambridge streamer  with Qobuz and Idagio, a Cyrus transport and a Benchmark DAC . This all feeds into a re-capped vintage Conrad Johnson preamp (PV 11) and a Benchmark amplifier. 
‘The analogue setup includes a heavily modified Rega RP3 turntable with two power units, and Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge.

I’m really happy with the sound of both digital and analog for the first time, with analog having the slight edge.

128x128rvpiano

Good for you! Yep, digital has become so much better in recent years, I'm extremely positive for the future as well. With FPGA, who knows how much more can be done.

I sold my $14k turntable setup and almost 500 albums over 3 years ago when my digital system surpassed vinyl. Will never go back to vinyl

Yeah, I'm truly satisfied with my Cambridge streamer getting fed by Qobuz and Idagio. It's also a treat to essentially "own" the record store. Then again, right now I'm truly enjoying an old (if slightly tick & poppy) Nonesuch pressing of Mahler's Third Symphony. Ah, the felicities of high-fi...

eccyn,

is that Mahler 3rd recording on Nonesuch by any chance with Jasha Horenstein?

The benchmark dac isn't that good, if you really want to elevate your digital side check out the Wyred4Sound 10th anniversary dac, one of the reviewers put it up against his VPI turntable with a $5,000 Japanese cartridge on it and he said that the 10th anniversary dac sounded just as analog, and I bought the dac and I totally agree this is the best sound I've have in my system and just so you know what my system is it's worth about 60,000, Sim audio p8 preamp, Sim audio w8 amp, Wyred4Sound 10th anniversary dac, esoteric P10 transport, monarchy audio up sampler, power cords are all Harmonic technology pro 10 OCC single crystal wire, analog interconnects are HT magic top of the line balanced OCC single Crystal and the digital interconnects are HT Magic.