Esoteric X-01 D2

Folks,
Hoping for some more information on this player in terms of strengths, weaknesses, likes or dislikes. Of course, associated equipment would be appreciated with those preferences.

Have great day all,
Peter
mariasplunge
Yeah, Tommy, I am urging you, but maybe more precisely, nudging. Anyway Silent Runnig Audio just got back to me with the estimate on the rack I want from them. 10 grand. So I say to myself, alright. Thats for a rack. I must be slightly over the edge. Any suggestions?

You guys are great
Peter
Mariasplunge
You can find the sound character of X-01 D2 that Rhyno reviewed on dagogo.com ,plus a more spacious and deep soundstage , more continiously synergy from high to buttom end and let you get more involved in the music which is so called "Analog" when combined with the G-0RB.
Fcrowder is right , the top Esoteric Mexcel power coed works very well with X-01D2 but it will save you big bucks and get the same result when using the Acrolink 6N-PC6100.
Peter, $10K for a rack??? Hmmm...I cant say that I think that is too much. Give me a few minutes and I can justify almost any audio expense. That must be one heck of rack man. Hold on let me check it on the web...wow those are pretty cool looking racks! If you get the rack I will go for the p3d3+g0 clock! What do you say? :)
Hey Tommy. We must be cut of the same cloth. I too am finding new and inventive way every day to justify these purchases. They all make since to me. It does seem a little less crazy when you can form a partnership though doesn't it?

So lets do it!! The rack I am looking at is SRA's Craz Rack which they have drawn up specs and dimensions on for me already. And I say, built exactly to my specifications just for me? Oh boy!! I haven't let the hammer fall yet? And build time is something like 9-14 weeks so I might see it before the year is out. At least with the Esoteric combo, you'll get pretty immediate satisfaction. Which by the way, what type of rack are you using?

So here we go down the rabbit hole and I am enjoying every minute.

Peter
Peter - Down the rabbit hole indeed!

My wife will be delighted to know that I found yet another audiophile nut.

As for my what rack I am using...I am a bit embarrassed to say that I am using s regular rack I purchased from Best Buy. My plan is to buy either a Symposium or Sistrum rack after I figure out my power delivery issues.

Please be sure to post pix of your new setup.

Any ideas on what Esoteric system I should get? (D2 + G) or P3D3 + G0)