Esoteric X-01 D2

Folks,
Hoping for some more information on this player in terms of strengths, weaknesses, likes or dislikes. Of course, associated equipment would be appreciated with those preferences.

Have great day all,
Peter
mariasplunge
Rhyno,
Is this a finished review or an ongoing review. If finished could you direct me to the read. You are right, it would most interesting. Funny but I choose the D2 over the EMM single box largely because of build quality.

Thanks for your time,
Peter
Peter, LOL. Man the last thing I need is another audiophile buddy urging me to upgrade. Believe me it does not take much for me to upgrade (as everyone can see by my threads here!). Seriously, I definitely want to upgrade my cdp. Right now I am considering modding my X-03se, getting the D2 with clock, or getting the P3D3. I did consider waiting for the upcoming P5D5 but my dealer friend says it has an inferior transport and DACS. Personally I think the transport is the most important part of a cdp which is why I think Esoterics are the best to my ears.

Anyway, I want to upgrade badly. No one likes to throw money at audio gear more than I do. I just need to figure out what route to take. Any suggestions?
to Tboooe: I looked at the price of the REX and decided that while I spend alot of money on equipment, I don't want to spend the most. With my system it seemed like overkill. BAT equpiment is upgradeable so you never know. . . .

I like bringing a system along in total, piece by piece if necessary. The BAT 52 sounds great. I will focus on speakers next. . . .
Yeah, Tommy, I am urging you, but maybe more precisely, nudging. Anyway Silent Runnig Audio just got back to me with the estimate on the rack I want from them. 10 grand. So I say to myself, alright. Thats for a rack. I must be slightly over the edge. Any suggestions?

You guys are great
Peter
Mariasplunge
You can find the sound character of X-01 D2 that Rhyno reviewed on dagogo.com ,plus a more spacious and deep soundstage , more continiously synergy from high to buttom end and let you get more involved in the music which is so called "Analog" when combined with the G-0RB.
Fcrowder is right , the top Esoteric Mexcel power coed works very well with X-01D2 but it will save you big bucks and get the same result when using the Acrolink 6N-PC6100.