Question about byamplification

Hi guys

A question for those with experience and knowledge.

I'm thinking about experimenting on byamping with my valve amp, the Line MagneticLM-508, and a class D power amp I have, both driven by my Audio-GD HE-1 preamp.

As my speakers, the Q Acoustics Concept 500, have two pairs of binding posts, I was thinking about connecting the LM-508 to the highs binding post and the class D to the lows ones of the speakers.

I don't have an active external crossover, so I was suggested on splitting the RCA output of my preamp to both amplifiers. I know that I will probably have trouble matching the gains of the amps as they are likely different, but I have tubes with different gains and also the LM508 has a knob with different negative feedback settings (different gains) so I can try to match them, at low volume levels of course.

The one millon dollars question is if I'm risking on blowing a tweeter with the LM-508? The speakers manufacturer said I should be careful since the LM-508 will only be running the tweeters and it could "see" a high impedance load at frequencies below the crossover point (2.5 Khz).

On the other hand, people with experience on byamping told me that it should not a risk, I should only start with low volume levels and go up carefully.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Am I risking the tweeters or the amps?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

plga