Dr. Feickert Blackbird

I want to get some opinions. I am currently saving for my end-all analog source. I have been lusting after the Blackbird for a year now. I keep trying to talk myself out of it, but keep coming back. Love the classic turntable look, the reviews, and especially 2 arms. If I am only going to have one table, I want 2 arms. I still have time, as I'm not half way to my $$ goal for a the table and first arm.

Is there better or equal performer for at or under that price without losing that classic turntable look? 

128x128edgyhassle

@edgyhassle the Feickert is a nice table BUT sonically the Kuzma Stabi R is by far better IMHO. And yes I've heard both side by side. Better focus and bass extension. I would guess it's because of the Stabi R DC motor and mass.

JVC Victor made 7 layer plinths, in 3 sizes, here’s the largest one

https://www.topclassaudio.com/web/chi/photo_gallery_details.jsp?gid=1515

CL-P1 for single arm

CL-P2 for two removable tonearm boards

CL-P3 for three removable tonearm boards

cutouts fit several models of their Direct Drive Spinners, TT61, 71, 81, 101

I have a CL-P2, with TT81, and I added a 3rd arm on the left side for Mono Cartridge ready to go. Compact Mission/Jelco arm ’just’ fits.

see 8th photo here

Curious that my 12.5" long arm is called ’Blackbird’. I tried to forget about it, couldn’t get it out of my mind, finally risked it, glad I did.

btw: the CL-P2 allows the longest arm, longer than the CL-P3 because in order to get an arm board on the left, they moved the right side armboard closer to the platter. I was going to buy a CL-P3, luckily seller had a photo with ruler, I realized my 12.5" arm would not fit. Surprise, sure glad I didn’t pay to have it shipped from Hong Kong and find out after. Whew!

They come up frequently for sale, my friend and I got ours from Vlad in Canada. I don’t see any complete units listed now.

I could not be happier, MC on the right; MM in the rear; Mono on the left, chage within seconds in a listening session.

You need to solve how you switch, I found a vintage SUT with 3 inputs, various loads for MC, and PASS for MM.

Fidelity Research FRT-4

Entre 100 has 3 inputs and PASS

JVC TT81 spinner

http://www.thevintageknob.org/jvc-TT-81.html

If space is an issue, or equipment preference, some Tonearms allow very easy arm changes. 

Technics B500 arm base, VTA on the Fly easily changes from straight fixed cartridge arm to S removable arm in seconds, here's one on a VPI

the same base with the curved removable headshell arm, changes in seconds