Looking for a new (preowned OK) line stage under $5K: suggestions?

Considering upgrading my near vintage Classe Audio DR5 preamp, which I use as a line stage, for the following system:

Feickert Volare TT/Audimods 6 arm/Hanna ML cartridge, EAT Petit phono stage, Naim CD 5 disc player, Pass XA 25 amp, Joseph Audio Pulsar 2 Graphene speakers/Sound Anchor stands, Synergistic Research Foundation full loom.

Basically, looking to maximize dynamics as well as a touch more midrange bloom and dimensionality.  Slightly to warm side of neutral preferred over lean.

I'm thinking a tubed unit would work best, but I'd consider SS if it fits.

Also considering warmer cables, planning on swapping Xavfino's (Fusion) for the Synergistic's as a trial.

The basic issue is that the room is somewhat too "live" sounding, and my wife won't approve of room treatments (it's also a family room).

The system otherwise sounds great, and maybe within the described constraints, there's not much I can do effectively.

Input appreciated!

bobbydd

As evidenced by this thread, there are a great many choices. We may have reached the point where recommendations become overwhelming and therefore useless.

At the risk of making things worse, I recommend either an ASR Basis Exclusive or a Zanden 120. Both of which pop up used for around $5K.

Good luck.

newer c-j is much much less euphonic that older stuff pv-12 pv-14 what have you... like many other makers, their sound has been modernized in recent generations, more air, clarity and slam without loss of midrange and imaging magic

I us d to own many Classe preamps and amps. If you like the Classe line, the cp60 is a big jump up, or the newer cp800. The newer preamps I’ve had recently or have experience with are the McIntosh 47 with included dac and 2 input phono preamp included (the dac was just ok, the phono preamps were better) or the ps audio bhk signature preamp. 

I recently purchased the PrimaLuna Evo400 line stage new. I could not be happier. Sound is awesome. Build quality is becoming legendary in the marketplace. They sell new just over 5200.00