Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
The Legacy black pearl finish is of extremly high quality- I know when I was looking at Focus SE, I noticed that the finish is incredibly smooth, and also has a lot of detail and depth to it, when you look at it under close light.

(Allow me to geek out about their finishes, for a moment!)
The black pearl finish is done in large batches by ILVA in Italy. The finish was bowling pin tough, but it is best applied in warmer weather when sprayed on larger surfaces. There are 7 application steps and several polishing stages-it is very expensive to import. The last stage takes a half an hour for every square foot, with a Mazerna polishing rouge from Germany!

My colleague was one of the few who got Whisper in black pearl (I believe there were only two sets ever built). He had to wait months for it in black pearl, since they are not one piece units, and are more complex to finish.
Aeris in black pearl is the same way, it doesn't appear to be a monolithic unit. The BP finish on it should be impressive- I loved the finish at CES, but didn't get a chance to hear them there.
Their manufacturing facilities are open for viewing- their craftsmen do an incredible job- I recommend visiting.
Thank you very much for your comments; given I own a pair of the Focus SE, I am very familiar with the black pearl finish and its quality. I am looking at the geometry of the new Aeris cabinet sections and in Rosewood with a black pearl front baffle, it should be striking. I still am going back and forth regarding having the entire speaker done in black pearl. A friend I trust very much suggested that some of the gorgeous detail of the Aeris cabinet might get 'muffled' if the entire speaker is in black pearl.

I hear what you are saying about Legacy craftsmanship; I've been to their place 3 times in the last year. I always enjoy my visits very much...
Sorry...same town, same time frame...thanks for pointing this out. Hopefully, someone heard them and can write back!