recommended speaker cables and interconnects

trying to upgrade step by step my stereo system, after not dealing with it for awhile.
right now have 3 kinds of speaker cables.
old audio quest , and an old monster cables.
a bit newer Kimber cable that are too short for my current configuration.
for interconnects, one pair of MIT mi-330
and one pair of Audioquest Ruby 2.
looking to upgrade for moderate price.
can’t give a budget range cause i am not familiar with the prices .

stone1

Stone1 this is a very subjective topic.  I've been around this hobby for 39 years now.  I've had everything from Monster Cable to Kimber Kable.  I've found that the same cables will sound different on different equipment.  It's all about how they get along with each other.  Like husbands and wives.  Just because she was a bad wife to you, doesn't mean she will be a bad wife to someone else.  Same for your system(s).  You would be surprised to find out which brands I find bunch WAY above their weight class.  My main system consist of:  Source:  Oppo 103 / Sony x800, Amplification: SMC audio custom upgrade/w Synergistic Research Purple Fuse, Speakers:  Audio Physic Plus, Subwoofer: 2 - SVS SB3000.  All connections (digital & analog) are Blue Jean Cable and speaker wire is Monoprice Monolith.

When I say this systems kicks some ass and bunches WAY above it's weight class, I mean IT!!!!!

calvint
i totally agree with you.

it just i haven't deal with my system for awhile , so i just wanted some brands name to check and decide.

unfortunately i got too many of them 😀 

Sometimes technology gets in the way. So, I’m starting to rethink everything. Simple is much better. We do all of these modification back and forth. Then without realizing what we’ve done, there has been 1000 different configurations just to come back to the beginning were we see that this what I wanted all along. Sometimes the man in the mirror is playing tricks on you!!!   We don't need to cable to add anything.  We just need the cables to get out of the way!!!!

Lots of recommendations here. It is all very system-dependable. I would add Zu Audio cables to the list. I prefer them to Cardas, Cord, Transparent and Wireworld. They are very friendly and have a great no-questions-asked 60-days return policy.  

Don't underestimate power cables, Shunyata is quite special here. Avoid cheap/budget aftermarket power cables, they are mostly marketing exercise, at least I have never encountered a good cheap power cord, that was worth the money. Fun starts when you splash a bit of your hard earned cash.))