Best amp options between $2k-$4 to power Magnepan 1.7?

I currently own a PrimaLuna Prologue Premium along with a Musical Concepts modded Hafler DH-200 that had been just gathering dust. Apparently I upgraded my source chain past some critical mass over the past 2 years... when previously tried, the Hafler was more dynamic than the Prima Luna but it just didn't do anything to counterbalance the better midrangecolor and tone color solidnessof the PL... now the modded Hafler just blows away the Prima Luna for dynamics, imaging and bass foundation.

So I think I should buy a good solid state amp that will improve on the Hafler; can I find one in the $2K-$4K rangethat will also come close to the Prima Luna for tone color ability, no sandpaper on vocals and have the requisite wattagefor Magnepan?
128x128davide256
Then there is what EVS is doing now:  3000 watt power supply, 400 watts into 4 ohms.....totally tweaked to the hilt Purifi module amps.....mono blocks......$3500.....or a stereo amp with 1200 watt supply for $2500.

http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Purifi_amp_mods.html

You are right.....the used EVS1200 is amazing for the money.
Looking forward to CAF in a few weeks. Never made a move on the Odyssey amps as kept reading reviews that said 300 hours of break in was needed.... hated how  it took Teflon caps 6 months to break in with the Prima Luna. Still using the Hafler but the summer months really made me aware of its heat output. Considering now something like the PS Audio M700 mono's which run around $3k for 700w into 4 ohms.

Ended up buying the Orchard Audio 150W GaN mono blocks. Loving how transparent they are, rediscovering both my analog and digital collection. Far better at driving Magnepan 1.7s then anything else I have used. The only critique I have is that they can't slam the way the Hafler DH200 did, may eventually buy the Stereo Ultra for that reason, to get larger wattage reserve

LSA Voyager GAN 350 wpc class D amps should mate well with Magnepan 1.7s.  I have a pair that is in the shop being repaired so it has never been powered by the Voyager GAN.  Nevertheless, I still suspect this would be an awesome pairing.  IMO a pair of subwoofers with the 1.7s is essential.  I was stunned when I first hooked in a pair of subwoofers and not only did it fill on the low end but it changed my perception of the entire frequency range.  Go figure....