Installing dedicated 10 gauge lines

Everyone keeps saying how important it is to have a dedicated 10 gauge line from your breaker box to your amp (I have a Diablo 300), and a second one to your source components (primarily an InnuOS Zenith Mk 3 streamer/Roon core).

I would love to do this, but isn’t this a major expense, like $15k or more? Does all the drywall back to the breaker box need to be ripped out to install the new lines?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. If the answer to the above is yes and yes, this project definitely won’t get past my wife!

As an aside, on the same 15A circuit, I have my amp, streamer, a Mac Mini that is normally on, my TV, video game consoles, and a network switch. So, obviously not ideal but out of all of these the only things that are on while I’m listening to music, beyond my amp and streamer, are the Max Mini and the network switch which supplies network connections to my tv and game consoles.

Hoping installing the dedicated line installation somehow doesn’t require drywall ripping and replacement?

nyev

@mrskeptic     Love it!  You are utterly and totally correct.   You may join my club.

But a blind testing rig could be created in a large lab.

The power cable and fuse guys and all the other snake oil people hate blind testing because it proves that wire is wire and juice is juice.  They are NEVER prepared to subject themselves to blind testing, saying that it 'makes them nervous'.  Quite right it does.  Nervous they will be proven as fools.

What you require should not cost over $3000. I agree with others to call an electrician and get an estimate. An experienced electrician has seen it all in residential situations. They don't want to break apart walls, they look for areas in the house where existing electrical wiring is. They will run new wire from the service panel and will follow the path of previous wiring or they will take measurements then drill holes or make cuts to fish the wires up through the house. 

If there's an obstacle, they might cut a section of drywall and modify a stud to get to the destination. 

10 and 12 gauge Romex will require 20amp breakers and outlets. Figure out which components are on each line and the total amperage. You may be able to use 12awg and 20A. Just a heads up, expect the electrician to tell you not to use 10awg, it's harder work for him. If that's what you need, then insist on it and buy it yourself at Home Depot.

Nervous they will be proven as fools.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I guess it makes you mad when your friends don't want to play? Maybe "they will be proven as fools".

But you're right, your EXTRA smart, super duper smart, calling others fools because you're no fun to play with anyways!!

I can honestly say YOU two have removed all doubt. Where the heck is MC when you need him. Good Lord. Do you two walk backward everywhere you go? OR just on the forums.. DON'T get mad. Just blow your nose and be happy. :-)

rodman99999 they are all yours.. :-)

Post removed 

There are lots of ways to skin a cat but without knowing what type of house you have and where you need the plug(s) to go, one can't give you a price without checking out things first. You can price materials from Lowes or Home Depot and I would never get a license from the city or county if you know what you are doing. It can open up a new set of problems. Don't get ripped off. You might be able to ask somebody shopping at an electrical wholesale place if they can recommend someone to come out and give a price and time frame. Good luck.