Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

"Next: both tone and palpability.... a Shindo-Aric cross. :-)"

Any suggestions?

@rwpollock   I'd look to @charles1dad  and @larryi and others who are advanced and experienced in the area of tube amplification. 

I really like, with almost any reasonably efficient speakers, and some not so efficient, the Synthesis A-40 integrated amp (digital dac included). It utilizes KtT-66 tubes in pushpull to deliver 40 wpc.  If you demand more power their A-100 amp delivers 1000 wpc by doubling the number of output tubes.

I would also hazard a guess that an Audio Note Oto would work well.

@rwpollock 

I am in the camp of keeping what you currently have. Virtually everything in audio is a trade off to some degree no matter how small. You get another amplifier that gives you more of  “this” but then loses some of “that”. The Audio Note OTO I believe would be a terrific match with your speakers. It is an el84 with its inevitable strengths and weaknesses like any other amplifier.

it could be as good but I don’t see it as better than your current Shindo or Elrog/Aric Audio 300b. . Higher power push pull tube amplifiers would take you in another direction as far as I am concerned. I don’t know that this would necessarily be any improvement with the Nenuphars. It could certainly work out well for you, more likely different rather than better. Just to let you know I am bias positively  toward high-quality low power tube amplifiers. Just me. I believe that you are in a very good place right now.

Charles