Vandersteen 7 and room treatment

My circumstances have changed in an unexpected way allowing purchase of a well, but gently, used pair of original 7's. (Also SOTA Sapphire with Ortophon Cadenza Blue in house and Supratek Cortese LCR on its way) I have a dedicated 15 x 20 room full of 14 various GIK traps and panels. Will using the EQ, contour and level settings allow me to get rid of some/all of the room treatment? Should I attempt initial setup with all/some of the panels in or out of the room? Anything to give me a head start short of trial and error. Nearest dealer is 400 miles away so on my own

128x128wideload

I have pair in woodshop 10 ft ceiling. Have drill press and radial saw behind lathe on left side. Right side have lumber rack. Sound very nice. Fly the richard out.

@wideload 

Congrats! And welcome to to Vandersteen posse 😁

I agree, join the Vandersteen forum and you will receive great support from other members/users, and Richard himself who stops in frequently to add his knowledge and guidance.

Enjoy!

Thank you holmz. Albuquerque.

Just visited my ex FiL about 6 week ago, north of I40 and West of Coor’s road.
Got a load of chile and pasole from “The Fruit Basket”.

So that “80% of the 500 miles”, is north through Taos or Tierra Amaria?

(I did that drive one early morning out of TA, and spilled coffee on my new blue jeans. The dye in the new jeans produced a distressing colour on underwear.)

I have pair in woodshop 10 ft ceiling. Have drill press and radial saw behind lathe on left side. Right side have lumber rack. Sound very nice. Fly the richard out.

Yeah… we would need to fly him as he ain’t Irish, and it is likely 2x 500 miles from Hanford.

Thank you for the wonderful advice. Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Pulling major grandpa duty. My son and I will be driving up through Tierra Amarilla to retrieve the speakers next week. Beautiful drive through to mountain passes. I will be heading over to the vandersteen forum in the meantime