Lumin U1 vs Lumin U1 mini + sbooster?

Has anyone done this comparison ? How close can the mini get ?
smodtactical

@hubbman And upgrading the DC cable for the linear power supply should close the gap significantly. I went from stock belden cables to Neotech copper and there was performance jump.

Despite what you might predict based on logical comparison of the specs, those that have actually compared the sound of the U1 Mini (now discontinued) with Sbooster to the U1 have found the latter to sound significantly better. Of course whether you'll consider the difference in performance to justify the price difference is ultimately a judgement call.

The problem is any comparison between the U1 and mini will be highly dependent upon the DC cable and LPS for the mini.

I will say the mini is incredibly good with the right supporting network and grounding components.

Does anyone know what the technical differences are vs the U1 Mini
I have the U1 mini with S booster II and it is pretty nice.
I am thinking of upgrading, but not sure.
Thank you

Chiming in on the Lumin U1 Mini Vs. the U1 discussion.

I finally took delivery of my new Lumin U1, and I placed right next to my U1 Mini with the SBooster.

Both set ups were the same.  AES connection to my Holo Audio Spring DAC 3 KTE  Edition with preamp module, feeding directly into my PS Audio M1200 Mono Blocks, feeding my Focal Sopra 2's.  I mostly used Qobuz and my Innuos ZEN Mini Mk3 for my legacy CD collection.

I listen to a lot of Electronic, House and Jazz music, Many of the tracks i listened to have been in the rotation for years, so I know them all very well.  

In a nut shell I have to completely agree with this assessment post by another poster here

. " The U1 is significantly better than the U1Mini, main differences being in the instrument separation, blacker background, deeper and wider stage, better resolution / clarity and overall a more refined presentation".

This was a complete no-brainer for me and the easiest comparison I've ever undertook.  As I mentioned, most of the tracks I listened to were well known to me, and I heard stuff in the background that I've never heard before!  The lyrics were more clear and intelligible than I've ever heard from my system.  The bass was bigger and more controlled than before as well.  I use two JL Audio Subs and a JL Audio CR-1 controller with my set up to supplement my Sopras,  and this new combination made the most of it. 

As others mentioned, I was also able to increase the volume on tracks without any glare what so ever.  Just more control over the content...period!  In my opinion, with my set up, I would say the U1 Mini is capable of about 75% of what the U1 can do.

What's most confusing about this comparison is the fact that these tow transports appear to be very close in spec on paper.  However, I can tell you with out any hesitation that the move from the U1 Mini to the U1 was an excellent investment in my system. Now I have to wonder.... what would the X-1 PSU do for the U1??? (this hobby is insane....)

The U1 can now be found on the used market for around 4K!  I would easily recommend this over the U2mini with booster.