Optical vs Ultra Rendu.

Is it worth the $696 more to go with the optical Rendu:

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/recommended-solutions/products/systemoptique-server-player-combo-sonictransporter-i5-or-i7-cdr-opticalrendu-4-port-gigabit-switch-with-fiber-port-and-power-supplies

Over the standard (ethernet connected) ultra Rendu:

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/audio-server/products/premier-server-player-combo-sonictransporter-i5-ultrarendu-7v-linear-power-supply

Has anybody compared these units, is there a notable difference in sound quality between these two?  Both still connect to the DAC via USB. 

high-amp

I too had less than successful experience with audiophile switch, YMMV. With my second ethernet out of server, switch is made superfluous, only adds detour with another added ethernet cable and switch. I use lps on my router, nice upgrade, router only feeds server, no return of signal back to router, simply goes from server to, in my case FMC. With ethernet and optical the shorter the path the better. Very few servers offer second ethernet out, with exception of Antipodes and Sonicorbiter I9, which is optical out. I simply don't understand this omission with most servers since it requires the above roundabout with either switch or router.

Most servers designed without separate streamer in mind which creates the need for switches for those who want to try separate streamers or streamer/dac, usb out of server not for everyone.

It’s funny that people are worried about sq when they use usb to their dac. If you want to increase sq, stop using usb.

If you have a noisy network, right before your dac when using the Ethernet input on your dac, get a pair of Ethernet to fiber converters with a good fiber cable between the converters. Pretty easy. Fiber can’t carry some of the garbage that is on a copper network.

It’s funny that people are worried about sq when they use usb to their dac. If you want to increase sq, stop using usb.

Definitely not a universal statement, such as the Musetec 005 DAC.

Here is a link about streaming from the guy (John Swenson) who built the Rendu's and EtherRegen. 

Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A | Page 325 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

sns - "Get good power supply for OpticalRendu, best you can afford"

Do you feel the LPS sold with the Rendu (bundle) is inferior? And

"At some point you may want to look into getting a switch rather than going out from relatively noisy router."

Any recommendations on a good switch?

Also sns you state: "OpticalRendu $1500 plus FMC $25 or so"

In this bundle it does not show any FMCs, so what is this for?