Best Isolation Device for Speakers?

Has anyone had a chance to directly compare different speaker isolation tweaks? I am wondering because of the recent thread on the Sistrum stand. I know that many of these things have been discussed in other posts, but there is not alot of direct comparison among them. I suspect that most of these are excellent, so if anyone has some information on their specific sonic impact, that would be helpful. I have a pair of Thiel 7.2s. Some of the ones I am considering:

Aurios Pro
Sistrum Speaker Stand
Mana Speaker Stand
Stillpoints
Audiopoints

Thanks,
Rob
rtn1

In my very humble opinion (I in no way claim to be right), I think most of you have ignored the facts that;

1) Speaker designs differ-the best place to start is to confer with the designer when possible. For example, John Devore does not recommend either coupling or decoupling under his O Series speakers. 

2) Many if not most loudspeakers are "voiced" for real world conditions;

3) Rooms and floors differ;

And most importantly of all;

4) There is ultimately no perfect solution to the vibratory nature of pistonic cones. Ricard Vandersteen may think so https://www.vandersteen.com/news/the-truth-about-pistonic-driver-cones but the truth is that his products don't ultimately sound per se better than many other competitive designs. The point being that you can tweak away forever but it won't solve the inherent deficiencies of pistonic drivers. You will hear differences that might strike you subjectively as being "better" in the short term but over substantial time you are unlikely to think that your system is suddenly the nadir of home music reproduction. Granted, there was this guy with 10K posts on this Board who claimed that Townsend products under a certain coffin-shaped cheaply constructed loudspeaker was "perfect sound" but we all know where that got him. 

@fsonicsmith said:

The point being that you can tweak away forever but it won't solve the inherent deficiencies of pistonic drivers. You will hear differences that might strike you subjectively as being "better" in the short term but over substantial time you are unlikely to think that your system is suddenly the nadir of home music reproduction.

No-one said any of these tweaks will overcome shortcomings of speaker design. My understanding is that that the isolation products allow your speaker to work with less feedback and 'singing along' from the room. It sounds that way, with more low level detail and better imaging/soundstaging among the benefits. As always YMMV.

FWIW I think speaker positioning and some attention to room treatment are more fundamental than these isolation products - though the later can certainly elevate a system where the former have already received due attention. 

My wife sister Mount pair of spring on her tennis sneaker and we all better for that.

BTW @fsonicsmith you have a lovely, carefully assembled system there. I'd be curious what effect some speaker isolation would provide in your setting. Maybe you should try a lower cost option like the Herbies footers - or have you already?  

BTW @fsonicsmith you have a lovely, carefully assembled system there. I'd be curious what effect some speaker isolation would provide in your setting. Maybe you should try a lower cost option like the Herbies footers - or have you already?  

Very kind words, thank you. I bought five sets of Gaia footers of all sizes for my amp, preamp, and yes, my loudspeakers. I rotate my Devore O/93's with a pair of Spendor D7.2's. Gaia's (without any screw-in posts so as to not alter the speaker" did some really odd things with my Devores. It was not unlike going to a concert under the influence. I would also describe it as a slightly euphonic but ultimately disappointing form of distortion. I heard what I perceived to be more depth and soundstage at the expense of bass solidity and truth of tone. To use another analogy it was similar to unloading a fine MC cartridge to the point where it is under-suspended. 

Contrast that with the Spendors. I feel the Gaia's installed with the threaded posts do provide mostly positive results. "Mostly" because there is still just a little lack of definition as compared to using the factory spikes (which are of the ubiquitous "arrowhead" variety). Is it a coincidence that the Spendors were designed to use some time of spike with female thread inserts whereas the Devores are built with wood blocks to couple the enclosure to the floor? I don't believe it is. Then again, someone might think I am letting that distinction in design have a bearing on my subjective impressions. I don't think so but I will accept the possibility of the design differences having a bearing. How can John Devore's personal advice not have a bearing on my subjective impressions? 

Btw, I don't think the Gaia's are all that great under my ARC Ref 6 and Ref 150SE. They don't hurt but don't help.