Why do I need power management if I have a great power cord?

Isn't it kind of unnecessary to additionally add a power conditioner if I have an expensive audio file grade Power cord connected to a component?

So you buy a Power conditioner from a hi-fi store and they say oh, you need a really good power cord to go with that and then another one to go from conditioner to the component. Do you need it all and why? Seems the last couple of feet before the component should be more than enough.

jumia

@nonoise Agreed. Are you ready for none of them to answer my two questions? They won't, I predict. (Bracing for powerful challenge in 3...2...1...)

All of the electronics to clean up the power is already inside each component…. in or around the power supply, that’s why many people say their amp sounds better without a power conditioner. It’s because you’re choking the power twice when you use a power conditioner. The engineering department at the company that makes your equipment has already done this for you. Buying anything else it’s just a waste of time and money

Maybe we should throw dedicated outlets into the mix, just to allow the denialists a trifecta!

I just saw your questions. I’ve spent thousands and thousands of dollars on all of this junk and it didn’t make a difference to me or any of my friends that I had over two here for themselves. All of my componentry is Macintosh it all has the stock power cords and all of my inner K’NEX are from Best Buy or Amazon. I have no noise in my system whatsoever. There’s no need for any of that redundancy