What's Your Favorite Vinyl That Never Made It To CD or Digital?

When cd's entered the marketplace as a new way to listen to music, I immediately started to buy a cd copy of my favorite vinyl when it became available.  Alas, a lot of my favorite vinyl never made its way to cd or digital in any form.

'How Will I Remember You'   by Lorez Alexandria

'Genetic Walk'   by Ahmad Jamal

'The Mysterious Flying Orchestra'   by The Mysterious Flying Orchestra

128x128mitch4t

"Lonesome George" Gobel - In Person "At the Sands", Decca 1961 mono.

DeKay

I don't think the double "Winwood" LP (1971) was ever officially released on CD.

I have what appears to be a Japanese bootleg of it on 2 CD's, but the graphics and sound quality are definitely not Scottish.

I listen to it (the CD) anyway for convenience.

DeKay

dekay ...according to Allmusic, "Winwood" was issued on CD in 2007, your disc might not be a bootleg....

Mitch:

This is the album I reference (see link below), and it’s one of my favorites as it portrays the progression of the Winwood’s artistry.

The sound quality of the Japanese CD I own is REALLY BAD, thus I assumed that it was a boot, but IT WAS produced in Japan (CD) per the following link.

No hard case, just a plastic sleeve with a cardboard double foldout (think it may have come with the the thin promo strip, forget what it’s called, often accompanying Japanese LP’s/CD’s, but can't find it now).

If my copy is not a boot I would warn others of paying big bucks for what I own as the sound quality is really crappy (think I paid around $50/shipped, but have seen them listed, years ago, for 4X+ that amount).

Just checked and it's all on a single CD (VICY-93343 Paul Weller & Mod Connection).

Thought it was a 2 CD set, but must have confused it with something else (listening to it now as I type on the mini system I recently set up for my wife @ the computer).

DeKay

Another one is a 10 LP box set (10 years of Ferrat) that I have of Jean Ferrat.

This is not to be confused with the single LP/CD of a similar name as this is a TEN/10 LP box set.

Awesome stuff, for my taste.

DeKay