Heard the Abbingdon Music research CD player?

I am looking for anyone who might have heard this player at CES or at the London show. Is it a giant killer with its matching amp? Bob
128x128baranyi
did not comment on its sound....i just think when product comes from china or anywhere, the manufacturer should be forthcoming to the consumer. as for a 6moons review....get a grip...
The product is completely designed in the UK - just made in china. Why should the place of its assembly be relevent? It sounds great BTW.
Jaybo why do you say the AMR products come from China? what proof do you have?
when a company hides its origins...they are not being honest, plain and simple....'designed in england and manufactured overseas' is comical. desiged by whom? and made where?.......heck, even a 'set of cups and saucers' contains more revealing info than many new so called hi end companies. make no mistake, they they be wonderful sounding amps and cd players, its just that at the end of the day, most start up companies are nothing more than marketeers with an office, a bankroll, and a chinese connection who offer a variety of products and services to 'anyone' who wants to jump in to what is 'at the moment', a tecnological gold rush. go to any website from 'hoover' to 'tonka' and you'll learn what real companies tell their consumers. they don't hide behind vague bs. a generic guitar may sound beautiful, but its still a generic guitar.
I have several friends who heard the CD player and were very impressed with both the sonics and build quality.The cd player weighs in at a staggering 93lbs and has been built to a very refined level from a manufactures standpoint ( to build the product anywhere else would add significantly to the cost ).There are a lot of companies that are building components for stuff in china and then assembling the products locally and calling it homemade! I think that many audio companies will have to go offshore to compete globally.I am very impressed with the level of refinement this player offers and the price is almost absurd when you look at the build quality and sonics that's on tap.I know that I would like to hoover and play with that Tonka toy!!Cheers Dennis