Cheapest volume control

I'm strongly considering selling my Peachtree Nova Pre in order to get a Schiit bifrost uber but I'll need some way to control volume. I was previously using a Lightspeed Attenuator, which I loved.

I was thinking about just buying s Schiit SYS for the time being. Is the SYS going to be a let down? I really only have about $100 to spend on a volume control right now. I only need one set of inputs and one set of outputs. I dont have to have a remote control. I'm just looking for the best sounding option.

My current amp is a Peachtree 220.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.
128x128b_limo
Just so you know, whatever attenuates volume in your system is extremely important. This is one area that you don't want to cut corners with.

That said, the Lightspeed and it's variants are some of the best passive attenuators you can buy. Even better than high dollar active preamps. I own an LDR using the Tortuga board and it is excellent.

Shakey
Try Roger Modjeski's pot in a box. Uses a high quality Noble pot in a very simple box.
Ivan, so it sounds like thats not really the way to go, with the axiom that is.

Buconero, can't find any for $100, found one on e bay for $200, if you have an extra one and want to sell it...saw how quick you snatched up that one from here, lol

Looked up Roger Modjeski's pot in a box, can't find that one either...I'm not a diy guy but I know someone who could solder up a Noble pot to rca's if that is all you do...

I should have just bought that damn goldpoint 3 days ago. I seem to be 2 days short in the last 3 or 4 deals I slept on.
Post removed