Experiences by Owners of Lyngdorf Integrated Amps using the Room Correct feature

I am still thinking about upgrading my main system, and have seen a number of reviews on the Lyngdorf all in one type of integrated amps that have their Room Correction capability.

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Lyngdorf-TDAI-2170-Fully-Digital-Integrated-Stereo-Amplifier-with-HDMI-USB-XLR-in-Open-Box

I would like to ask users/owners of the Lyngdorfs to share their experiences, and whether the room correction feature really improved the sound of their system., and please try to describe how the sound was improved.

Please tell about your speakers and say something about the room conditions. I don’t have a particularly difficult room but I am wondering how much added value this feature brings.

My speakers are Epos M22 floorstanders, which I really enjoy (for many years now), and I also have a Velodyne sub that I use at times.

troidelover1499

I was really keeping an eye out for one to come along at a decent price. I gave up and went with tubes instead. Still, room correction interests me.

I use an MEN220 (McIntosh-licensed RoomPerfect) in my rig and am glad I bought it; the RoomPerfect made a substantial difference in sound quality and enjoyment of the system - I would have spend too much time and energy on room treatment, placement, tweaking etc to get the same result. Perhaps a heretical answer around here, but it’s what works for me (more time on gear = less time for listening)

If you are a DIGITAL ONLY (or mostly) person and use JRiver or ROON. Then the Convolution engine enabled in both of those streaming client software apps should be better than ANY room corrections written into some audio gear.

The software used to create the Convolution filter for your speakers in your room is way more powerful than anything stuffed into audio gear, such as, RoomPerfect, SpaceOptimization, Dirac, Arc, etc.

Only problem with what I have suggested is that it is very difficult to use this complex software to create the Convolution filter. That is why I remotely used the expertise of a profession like Mitch Barnett of

https://accuratesound.ca/services.html

BTW - One of these days, I am going to get a speaker likely too big for my living room. If that is the case, I know I can call Mitch to create a Convolution filter for any amp. preamp, integrated, DAC, that I use. The filter is run before the music is streamed to the DAC.