Percentage of cable cost

Just wondered what percentage of your budget other audiophile/music lovers have allocated to cables, cords and interconnects.
Took me awhile to figure it out but mine seems a bit disproportionate at 28%.
tmsorosk

@tmsorosk - to me - 28% is not unreasonable - since my streaming device has cables that cost more than the streamer

I did NOT tie myself down to a percentage of system cost - I figured I can calculate that once I get the right cables for my system

The cost will vary based on what the individual is prepared to spend for overall system performance.

I have found the following companies produce excellent cables to fit many budgets

• Zavfino - use the latest developments in Geometry, Wire and Insulations
  • In-Akustik - adopt a more advance cable geometry for very low noise floor
  • Hijiri - One of the very best cable companies that produce fine cables for high resolution systems - but a little on the expensive side

There are of course many other companies, but one of the things you may want to look for when choosing a cable, are cables that employ

• UP-OCC copper wire or UP-OCC Silver wire
  • insulations that have a low value of Dielectric Constant like
    • Teflon or Foamed Teflon (aka Airlok)
    • Cotton or Coltton/Oil
  • Adopt a more unusual cable geometry - like that employed by In-Akustik

I figure my "overall" cable cost is around 30% and that’s for DIY cables - it would probably be closer to 40% for commercial products

Regards - Steve

I don't think 20% of the MSRP of the piece of equipment is unreasonable to spend on cabling.

Post removed