New Pre/Pro for 2 ch guy? (+How easy to set up RC in top units like Lyngdorf, etc)?

I'm struggling with whether to repair my wonderful Krell S1200 pre/pro or breaking bank to get new pre/pro for basic 5.1 setup that may or may not ever grow to 6.1, 7.1, etc. 2 channel audio is my prime concern, but I wouldn't mind finally seeing what room correction would sound like in HT setting.  Don't like idea that many p/p digitize analog inputs, as I have an Esoteric K03 that sounds amazing and I wonder if this will be a downgrade in sound.  However, been reading that something like a Lyngdorf sounds great, and room correction could make a big diff even in 2 channel.  How easy is RC setup on units like Lyngdorf, Trinnov, or AudioControl? (Assuming Marantz, NAD, Krell Foundation won't be up to par in two channel or in RC?)

Appreciate any help/insight you can provide.  Thanks much!!!

PS - Rest of system: Speakers: Revel Salon 2 L/R, Revel Voice2 C, B&W DS7 and XTC8 surrounds. Velodune sub. Amps: Mcintosh mc452, Sunfire TGA 5200. CD/SACD: Esoteric K03. Bluray: Oppo 103. Streaming: Sonos

jeffkad

However, from what I understand, the McIntosh processors do not have this laid back / mushy sound.  Can you confirm this?

@auxinput No, but the house sound is consistent and clear.  Have you heard the McIntosh or Lyngdorf pre/pros.  I think you’d agree that if you want a more syrupy, warm sound go with the Mac.  If you want a more neutral, spatial type sound go with the Lyngdorf.  Like I said, the TacT made a $300k 2-channel system sound broken when the TacT RC wasn’t employed.  What’s your experience with either?

So my concern is that the MX Dac implementation/SQ will not be as good as my Esoteric K-03 CD/SACD, which is somewhat legendary. 

Well, that would’ve been good to know up front.  I’ve wasted my time and I’m out.  Best of luck. 

I do not have direct experience with either Lyngdorf or McIntosh.  I'm just going off a friend's opinion when he heard the McIntosh pre/pro. 

I tried using Dirac room correction once and did not like it at all, so my feelings on room control are somewhat colored.  In my opinion, it is better to use acoustic room treatments.

Well, that would’ve been good to know up front.  I’ve wasted my time and I’m out.  Best of luck. 

soix, again, no need for the quick trigger.  I did state this in my original post.  That is my overall concern, getting good 2 channel sound out of a processor or going to a 2 piece processor and preamp setup.  Think that's been a pretty consistent theme throughout.

There are a few Bryston SP3 processors up for sale among the three main sites.  There's one on audiogon for $4200 that also has the latest 4K HDMI board.  I think that's about as good as you are going to get for a true pass-through processor with Class A discrete analog stages.  No EQ or room correction. lol.