klipsch cornwall iv upgraded crossovers

I own a pair of cornwalls, amazing speakers they are paired with MC452 power  and a MC 70 tube pre.I play cds only on a yamaha C2100. My question is I hear people talking about upgrades to the crossovers on the corns  and softening the horns with  sound tape . Do any of those changes work,one or the other and do they make it worthwhile. Would like input from anyone who has tried the upgrades and who they used

eoj4952

eoj, you've heard discussion about upgrades to the CW IV crossover?  I've read a number of favorable reviews of the IV, saying Klipsch mainly revised the crossover from the III.  If you have the IVs they must be nearly new since that was just introduced not long ago.  So I'm a little surprised if there are any number of upgrades already.

The speakers are 7 months old about 70 to 100 hours on them. I'm new to the craziness.I paired the VI's  with an old yamaha DSP1 not good . Found an old  ADCOM555 made the dsp1 a preamp.  Better but still not happy. Always liked MC got a tube preamp c70 .The DSP1 went back to the basement. WOW the VI's were starting to sound good. Walk into a repair shop spotted  another adcom555. First  mono and then bywired stereo. upgraded  speaker wire and  interconnects , added an old yamaha 100 watt sub. was  very very good. But still wanted a mac amp,  after some reading found a mc452. The sound was amazing, huge soundstage, the whole back of the room and 5 feet high. 3 times the adcoms. The point of this is every upgrade even little ones, they sounded better and better. So now I'm chasing sound. Tubes or upgrades not sure yet. Thanks for the input excepting all advice

Oz I emailed Don Sachs.com went out for an hour. Checked when I got home he had already responded . You were right good guy took the time to answer my question . Thanks

eon, thanks for the further background. I can believe you’ve discovered better performance from where you started. And of course that whets the sonic appetite for more. ;^)

I was not familiar with The Boston Audiophile that MrD suggested. So I went to that site and found this interesting modification for the CW IV. It would be much simpler and less expensive than modifying the crossover.

Note that he also reviews a couple of amps and has a separate link about setup. I’ll just add that I have a Don Sachs line stage and believe he has a good ear and knows what he is doing.

The upgrades are better quality caps and resistors and others . There's only one guy doing them that I could find on ebay . His reviews are good. He upgrades a lot of top brand speakers, they  loved the upgrades . Problem is no reviews for the IV's. Sounded like I would be the ginny pig. IF I take a chance and lay out the 750. for the pair and don't like them. I would still have the originals . Or should I put that money toward a tube amp 275VI  or really piss off my wife with the 1502 . I really like bi- wiring . Opinions welcomed