LINN LINTO NOISE

hi I have a  LINN LINTO  please i would like to know if the noise bump during shutdown is normal ? o is a defect....

thanks luigi

128x128luigilamarca

I have a Linto, but I never shut it down before shutting the amp down first, or at least changing the input selector. Many products have a turn-off thump and one of the things we learn is to turn the amp on last and off first to avoid the thumps being amplified 

hi, dear.....but if you shut down first the Linto have the noise nuum jes or not ??

It's not at all uncommon to hear a thump or other brief noise if you shut down a preamplifier ahead of shutting down the amplifier.  Some more expensive preamplifiers protect against that phenomenon by employing a relay that clamps the output when power goes down, but not all do that.  Consequently, I always shut down amplifiers first.  In an extreme instance, you may damage a speaker otherwise.  Shut down amplifier first is your solution.

thanks to you for your answers

but that's not what I asked .. I didn't ask what turns off before.. .the amplifier or the Linto..

. I would like to know who has the LINTO mc phono if when he turns off the phono without turning off first the amplifier hears the noise bumb in the speakers.

Thank you. Luigi