Behringer DEQ2496 as EQ Only?

Could anyone please offer expert advice on how it might be possible to configure or daisy chain a Behringer DEQ246 with an Antelope Zodiac + DAC?

For years, I have used the Behringer on my desktops, for television, computers and background music. The DAC is OK but EQ is useful.

Now, I have switched / upgraded to the Zodiac + DAC which is a better DAC and is more useful device for switching sources and adjusting the volume.

So the question is whether I can somehow get the Behringer into the signal chain, but for the EQ only?

There was something I found on the web or youtube that suggested making special cables, but this made no sense to me or to the company I sometimes use for cables....

Thanks for any ideas.
cwlondon
Post removed 
Elizabeth,

Ah OK - I also use a Toslink switcher for less critical applications - so HDTV box and PC interface into the switcher via Toslink, then Toslink into the DEQ and digital output into the Zodiac.

Dont know how I would thus enhance or diminish the benefit of the DAC in the Zodiac?

But great to know I can string it together as you describe and thank you.
I'm not sure I fully understand everything you are asking, but as far as using your Zodiac DAC goes, as long as you keep the signal digital until you get to the dac, you'll be OK. You won't be touching the dac in your eq.

With regards to the Toslink switcher, you may be able to eliminate it. If any of your sources have something other than a Toslink out (for digital), use that. If you have something other than Toslink on your sources, it will probably be an RCA/Spdif digital out. You can use it but you will have to get an rca to xlr adaptor. They make expensive ones, but I would try just getting some from a music store first. Unless you have very revealing equipment, the cheap ones should sound OK. If you have to make a choice on what source to use for the rca/xlr input, I would choose the more important source. If you end up plugging the 2 sources into the EQ, its very easy to switch back and forth using the controls on the face of it.
I am using Neutrik Impedance Transformers (on the XLR in/out digital connectors) to provide a 110-75 ohm conversion , then some BNC-RCA cables from Cullen Cable which then allows to connect equipment RCA to RCA SPDIF. This seems to me very transparent, but I only use cut (no boost) and currently no need more than 3 db...
At last, I am closing in on this project as depicted in my new system photos.

I have just rewired the Behringer as discussed above with Elizabeth: still HDTV / Cablebox and PC into a Digital Optical splitter.

Therefore Digital Optical out into the DEQ2496, and in turn, DEQ2496 out into the Zodiac DAC - using optical cables all around.

The good news is

1) The signal path seems to be working, sounds fine and I can switch between sources successfully

2) Although I NEVER remember how to do it, I somehow had the pink noise, microphone and RTA working this morning - at least to the extent I could see the EQ curve adjusting itself and hear corresponding tonal changes in the pink noise.

The bad news however, is when I turned off the pink noise, I can still see the adjusted curve when I press GEQ, but can't hear the EQ in the signal path with the music.

My usual EQ / curve test: when I toggle the Behringer BYPASS button on and off there seems to be no change (?)

My hearing is not what is was as a kid, but pretty sure it's not yet that bad if anyone who has mastered this complicated beast can comment or help.

Thank you.