REL G2 or JL Audio F112 ..thoughts for 2 channel

I have a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona M's floor standing speakers.....they go down to 40 hertz.......I was thinking about adding a sub in a room that is about 11' across and 20' deep with a 7' celing.....the speakers are on the short wall. The room is all ASC treated. I do not have all that much room on the side or in back due to Purist Audio cabeling......but it could be worked out. I have heard that the REL G2's would go well and yes I know they are both owned by Sumiko.....your thoughts
garebear
While Johnnyb53 has had experience integrating subs in more systems than I have, his experience parallels mine. With both Magnepan 1.6's, my ACI Talismans with integrated powered subs, and my current Tidal Piano Cera's, it wasn't any big effort to get excellent results with a half hours set up time for the subs. Sure, I listened and tweaked as time went by, but it is a fun and enlightening process to refine your listening and set up skills IMO. There a bit of variability among we audiophile's as far as our propensity for hand wringing, neurotic obsessing, and exaggerating difficulties in these matters, so take this into account in your considerations. The newest generation of subs from Velodyne, JL Audio, etc. have programs to help speed up the installation process and have corrective software for the worst room response anomalies.
Agree with Jb53 and Photon...sorry if my extensive comments made it seem tougher than it is. If you just focus on the setup for an hour or so...less if you are experienced...you'll get 70% of the way there, and can finetune from there to get to '100%'.
I have read wonderful things concerning the SEATON submersive , He does some wonderful wood finishes now .
Thanks Andrewrona - but I have narrowed my search down to REL or JL as my thread indicates
This thread is unusually biased against REL. There are many who find REL subs to be the only choice for two channel systems sighting other powered subs as simply Home Theater accessories to be crossed over at 80 Hz. The word musical is generally associated in many REL descriptions.

I would suggest reading all the set up procedures involved with any subwoofer you're considering. There is also the option of purchasing DSPeaker along with any sub that doesn't have an auto EQ program.

In my experience any subwoofer is going to be room dependent to a degree. I was able to audition side by side the JL F 113, REL Studio III, and my Velodyne DD18. I have gone into greater detail elsewhere on this site regarding this comparison. To sum it up they are all top tier products. In the end I used the Velodyne Optimization Program to maximize integration for them all. The REL was very difficult to integrate and its performance the least musical which made it my last choice. The JL is a stellar performer but a bit to tight for my taste in my room. The Velodyne simply disappeared. Keep in mind these results are extremely subjective and confined to my room.

Since you have space issues I would suggest beginning with a small Velodyne DD10+. If you find its output unsatisfactory, which I doubt will happen, simply ad another.